Juddering at low revs 2.5 v6 tdi 163bhp fwd

boya

Reaction score
hi, after a long drive (120miles) at low revs in 6th gear about 60-70mph when i slowed down for a roundabout and accelerated away again when i reached 3rd gear the car started juddering on low revs probably 1.5k but went away as the turbo started to boost at 2k? the car done it for around 15 mins until i overtook a lorry and put my foot down 30mph - 80mph the the next time i stopped the problem had gone???? anyone got any ideas???? cheers :wtf:

is it repeatable? i've heard of torque flat spots just under 1500rpm... if it happens again, get it on a rolling road and get it remapped out :)

other option would be a slipping clutch, but the symptoms for that would be your progress would be "juddering", but the revs would be surging... unlikely, but a possibliity.

deffo not a slipping clutch as it pulls like a train 1st 2nd 3rd all the way to 6th. a remap is on the cards straight after christmas so maybe just a part of the rev range i have never really hung about in long enough to notice. cheers for the help.

Replace the active engine mounts ! If you do an engine scan it will have a fault code related to the stage 1 or 2 mounts valves or there abouts... Dont remember the exact fault definition. They are pricey though !

Replace the active engine mounts ! If you do an engine scan it will have a fault code related to the stage 1 or 2 mounts valves or there abouts... Dont remember the exact fault definition. They are pricey though !

will they get any worse over time?