Suspension upgrade

sebhar70

Reaction score
I thought I would put this out to the forum for their opinion, I have a 2.5 TDI SE, whilst comfortable to drive just does'nt have the stability or stance I want. I checked on some of the previous posts/threads for info on possible suspension upgrades, eibach lowering springs are the probable choice but am not sure if I need to get upgraded dampers/shocks as well, will my existing dampers and shocks be up to the job?:ermm:

Thanks in advance.:anbet:

The SE/Sport suspension are not the same, running a lowering spring with standard shock's could feel even worse due to the rod travel in the non sport shock.
Sport shock's have a shorter rod. What the mile's are on the car/shock's ..

The SE/Sport suspension are not the same, running a lowering spring with standard shock's could feel even worse due to the rod travel in the non sport shock.
Sport shock's have a shorter rod. What the mile's are on the car/shock's ..
The car has done 82,000 miles, this quite a few miles on probably the original suspension. I must admit I'm not knowledgeable about suspensions there's the springs, shocks and dampers in a standard suspension no?

I would go for a set of spring's and damper's there are loads of different company's that can sort you out, check out some the company's that are on this forum ..

I'd go for the B4 sports dampers with the Eibachs..give Diamen at DPM a shout for a good price. Also, while ypur at it do the RS4 RARB upgrade - it will reduce body roll and make your turn-in much sharper, an excellent upgrade for £80 (parts) In fact I'd try poss try that before you pod out for springs and dampers?

I'd go for the B4 sports dampers with the Eibachs..give Diamen at DPM a shout for a good price. Also, while ypur at it do the RS4 RARB upgrade - it will reduce body roll and make your turn-in much sharper, an excellent upgrade for £80 (parts) In fact I'd try poss try that before you pod out for springs and dampers?
Thanks for the info. I see that you have this set-up, is it any harsher a ride than the sports suspension you had before? I'm assuming that you had the standard sports suspension originally.

Difficult for me to say as my rear dampers were well and truely shot, one was siezed! Would say that it is a firmer ride but MUCH better on the twisty stuff :)

Thanks for the info. I see that you have this set-up, is it any harsher a ride than the sports suspension you had before? I'm assuming that you had the standard sports suspension originally.

Difficult for me to say as my rear dampers were well and truely shot, one was siezed! Would say that it is a firmer ride but MUCH better on the twisty stuff :)
I think that I will get the eibach dampers and springs, someone is selling the dampers for £200 delivered and I'll get the springs from DPM for approx £150. I don't think thats a bad price for a quality set-up, I just hope it's not too firm a ride and the 30 mm drop is really noticeable.