Winter Wheel Refurb.

CMD

Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Summer's over and now it's time to put the summer wheel's away until 2010 . Looking today at my winter wheels, S-Line 18's, i thought they could do with a refurb as the wheel's are five year's old. The last time i had a set of wheel's refurb was six year's ago so when i phoned up a local company i used, i was pleased when the guy gave me the price. After a little chat with the owner and booking the 18's in for this Friday, pick them up next Tuesday. On Checking some paper work for the wheel's i had done 6 year's ago i was over the moon the price i paid for refurb in 2003 is the same as the price i will be paying this year for the six stage refurb..

Happy Days.. :icon_thumright: Are you just getting them refurbed and painted Silver or are you changing the colour..?

The wheels are having the full work's tyre's off acid dipped and powder coated to factory silver.

I'm paying £250 cash. Like i said i have used him before. The wheels he did for me last time had alot more detail than the standard 18" five arm s-line's

Not a bad price for a full refurb.
Oh, and thanks for the headrest mod tip.
:icon_thumright:

Xmay have had a chance to sort out a price for the rear headrest's

No not yet, I'll look into in to it in the next couple of weeks.
Do you think Fleabay would be a good place to start?

Well i have had all my winter wheels refurbed and am ready to store the 19's for the summer, My question is shall i stack one on top of the other or side by side let the air out of the wheels or not..??

I have sold the wheels i was going to run during the winter now i'm on the look out for some 18's .Here's my question has anyone got any pic's of MTM wheels on B6. Thanks

Here's some pics of my 18" MTM reps:

With Sport suspension:
renbod-mtm-reps.jpg

With new Coilovers:
renbod-low-5.jpg

renbod-low-6.jpg

(sorry no decent pics yet)

I got them off a VW so I used H&R PCD adapters which help with the poke:
renbod-low-2.jpg

Renbod. They look good very much the same as the MTM's could you tell me what offset they are. Also are the tyre's 225 or 235 .

The tyre's are 225/40's but I'll need to check the offset, the wheels are off the car now as I've cracked one. I'll get it repaired and use it as a spare but I'm still looking for a replacement. Here's a better tyre picture as it shows a subtle strech:

renbod-mtm-reps4