AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

Angry Help! Engine for Audi A4 1.8t Quattro 2002

Hi everybody out there, my timing belt snapped in July 09 bent all values damaged cylinder head & pistons, been advised to buy 2nd hand engine, have been searching for engine code AVJ sine July 09, have been offered other codes & told these would fit my engine? Price to rebuild my exsisting engine 3000+ anybody got any info on engine suppliers please no cowboys! i.e Nirro in Barking, i live in East london, many thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    call these guys, they aint bad an they are based in barking but they are not nirro! direct number is 0208 5366683, they are reasonable on their prices..... i've seen a couple of engines on flee bay which were avj code so mite be worth while having a look on there again

hope that helps

Status
    All the A4 1.8T engines will fit from the A4 but to make it a little easier use a late AJL from the B5 onwards from the B6 A4 or VW Passat 1.8T engines will also fit straight in and it does not matter if its from a Quattro A4 either.

Earlier A4 1.8T engines will fit you might just need to swap some of your sensors over manifold and so on but they will work just as well with the AEB engine being one of the stronger engines with large port head which a lot of the US guys use on there B6 car or if your lucky you might find a BEX engine from the 190bhp S-Line A4.
    Last edited by docurley; 19th October 2009 at 08:54.
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)