Does the S4 have electric folding mirrors standard

Andy D

Reaction score
I have managed to win a set of 2004 S4 mirrors with motors, Glass and casings.
I'm intending to fit them to my B7 S0linbe but I have just had a thouight, do the S4 B6 mirrors have the electric folding function as standard?

If so I'd imagine I'll be needing a switch for them too. if not I'll just be swaping the mirror covers over and keep the glass and motors incase I need a spare.

I have managed to win a set of 2004 S4 mirrors with motors, Glass and casings.
I'm intending to fit them to my B7 S0linbe but I have just had a thouight, do the S4 B6 mirrors have the electric folding function as standard?

If so I'd imagine I'll be needing a switch for them too. if not I'll just be swaping the mirror covers over and keep the glass and motors incase I need a spare.

I am not completely 100% sure but it is not as easy as fitting a new switch even if they are the folding mirrors. I think the modules that control the mirrors have to be changed as well.

sods law..eh!
The first of the two mirrors arrived today, must say they are a lot heavier than I thought they'd be, very impressed with them, never realised how well made these things are.

You need the door modules to code for folding, the switch & the extra wires for the loom to work & vagcom to code it all.

I designed & tested a mod for cars without the switch & modules, but it isnt easy & cheap, but alot cheaper than the door modules etc.

The folding mirrors deffo arn't standard as mine doesnt have them :crying:

Was on my S4 avant.

Audi dont have the word Standard in there dictionary, think they replaced it with Optional

A member on the b5 forum had folding mirrors on a 1.8t. PM Byzan A4, a.k.a Mark he maybe able to give you a few pointers.

Was on my S4 avant.

Audi dont have the word Standard in there dictionary, think they replaced it with Optional
Starting to realise this now....I'm not going to any expense to get them done, would be nice to have but not after forking out for a remap, two new vredesteins and the pair of mirrors all within a couple of weeks,

Cant wait to get them fitted, providing the 2nd one arrives in as good condition as the first.
Thanks for the pointers guys.

I had to smile when I read this.....Audi give s*d all away when it comes to "optional extras" ....