Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

Does the S4 have electric folding mirrors standard

I have managed to win a set of 2004 S4 mirrors with motors, Glass and casings.
    I'm intending to fit them to my B7 S0linbe but I have just had a thouight, do the S4 B6 mirrors have the electric folding function as standard?

If so I'd imagine I'll be needing a switch for them too. if not I'll just be swaping the mirror covers over and keep the glass and motors incase I need a spare.
    B7 A4 2.0T S Line special edition Quattro Avant.
    Bose soundsAngel remap.
    Alu mirrors, blue vision sidelights

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy D View Post
    I have managed to win a set of 2004 S4 mirrors with motors, Glass and casings.
    I'm intending to fit them to my B7 S0linbe but I have just had a thouight, do the S4 B6 mirrors have the electric folding function as standard?

If so I'd imagine I'll be needing a switch for them too. if not I'll just be swaping the mirror covers over and keep the glass and motors incase I need a spare.
    I am not completely 100% sure but it is not as easy as fitting a new switch even if they are the folding mirrors. I think the modules that control the mirrors have to be changed as well.
    A4 3.0 quattro sport avant B6

1st Gear

Status
    sods law..eh!
    The first of the two mirrors arrived today, must say they are a lot heavier than I thought they'd be, very impressed with them, never realised how well made these things are.
    Bose soundsAngel remap.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    You need the door modules to code for folding, the switch & the extra wires for the loom to work & vagcom to code it all.

I designed & tested a mod for cars without the switch & modules, but it isnt easy & cheap, but alot cheaper than the door modules etc.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Drive It Like You Stole It

Status
    The folding mirrors deffo arn't standard as mine doesnt have them
    Milltek non-resonated cat-back - 15mm MTM spacers - Toyo T1R's all round - RS4 Pedals+foot rest - Blackout model front grilles - Custom black front badge - de-badged boot - R8 oil cap - silver indicator bulbs - Dodo Juice supernatural wax - ECS tuning Porsche cayenne brake kit ready to fit or sell?...

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Was on my S4 avant.

Audi dont have the word Standard in there dictionary, think they replaced it with Optional

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    A member on the b5 forum had folding mirrors on a 1.8t. PM Byzan A4, a.k.a Mark he maybe able to give you a few pointers.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Was on my S4 avant.

Audi dont have the word Standard in there dictionary, think they replaced it with Optional
    Starting to realise this now....I'm not going to any expense to get them done, would be nice to have but not after forking out for a remap, two new vredesteins and the pair of mirrors all within a couple of weeks,

Cant wait to get them fitted, providing the 2nd one arrives in as good condition as the first.
    Thanks for the pointers guys.
    Bose soundsAngel remap.

4th Gear

Status
    I had to smile when I read this.....Audi give s*d all away when it comes to "optional extras" ....
    A4 2.5 Tdi Avant Quattro Sport : 180HP 6 speed, Mauritius Blue, full black leather heated electric front seats, auto lights, Xenons, auto dipping rear view mirror, heated folding door mirrors, cruise control, Bose, full DIS, MFSW, 18" RS6 reps, rear parking sensors, colour coded lower, rear door window blinds, interior & ambient lighting kit, under seat storage, front armrest as standard. RS4 ARB, RNS-e sat nav, Cd Changer, OEM bluetooth fitted by me.