EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

A4 1.6 technical info

Hi there,
    I really want to buy an Audi A4 1,6 and i was just wondering the following:
    Is the engine 16valve or 8valve? What´s the difference regarding performance? Does it worth to buy an 1.6lt car with 8valve engine???
    What can i do to increase the horsepower of the car from 102 to 110+? I do not need any advance, expensive solution, but the basic, first steps e.g. air filter, sparks, exhaust system etc... Any good sugestions?
    I really want to know if AUDI A4 1.6lt worths the money in comparison with other 1.6 cars, like BMW 116, or Opel.
    I cannot afford to buy a more expensive AUDI, since in Cyprus taxes are very hi on cars more 1600cc. (Audi A4 1.6lt would cost me around 33,000 dollars)

Regards
    Glafcos C.

You can email me at glacas@hotmail.com

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status

Re: A4 1.6 technical info

its an 8V engine there is not alot you can do to get more bhp out but you could start by
    1)FSE power boost valve.
    2)Low restriction cats.
    3)cat back exhaust.
    4)Ecu chip (probably not alot to gain)
    5)Induction kit
    6)High lift camshaft
    7)best performance gain Turbo technics conversion or NITROUS injection !!!!!

In MY opinion sparkplugs are a waste of time just stick with the basic ones.

5th Gear

Status

Re: A4 1.6 technical info

I would really try to stretch to a 1.8 as the 1.6 engine is really lacking when fitted in the A4, and is only just up to the job in the A3.....and if you cannot stretch then can you get away with a smaller/lighter car for your needs?

Foolish has stated most of the tuning options that are available for NA engines, which normally need a combination of quite a few to see 10-15 hp increases.