Calipers Painted

AudiJohn

Reaction score
Hi Guys, just thought i'd post some pics up of the sunday just gone project, i know the nothing special as they are standard but i think it tidies the calipers up nicely with them painted. I did 2 coats on each and used Enamel gloss black plastikote from b&q @3.48per tin. Let me know what you think guy's

IMG00968.jpg

IMG00969.jpg

IMG00972.jpg

IMG00973.jpg

IMG00974.jpg

stoakseyA4 - yes i painted the edges due to standing out from the back plate which i had painted ,

SmoothAssault - As my mrs drives the car daily i'm hoping she doesn't brake everywhere with the intention of making the discs glow, if it was ordinary gloss it would just melt of them under heavy braking but being enamel it should bake on, i have checked them today after a couple of days of being on and the paint is still intact and smooth. I'll let you know if i have any issue's with them in the future.

I've used that product on my rear calipers, and were fine after a session on track...

Good job there AudiJohn.
I somehow got confused with the B&Q stuff from how many variations there was so bought the Halfords Caliper paint instead for my S4 Calipers, Finally getting fitted tomorrow :eyebrows:

I'm pleased with them mate and like stoaksey said if they survived a track session they should last , i bet your calipers will look spot on behind the black wheels. For anyone who is interested it's called 'Plasti -kote fast dry enamel' i bought x2 59ml pots in Gloss Black, i gave each caliper 2 coats and i used just over one pot, you can't grumble at £3.48 a pot and you can pick from a selection of colours.