Drivers seat airbag and radio

mja4cab

Reaction score
Hi,can anyone help? Car has been into the garage and have been told that the drivers seat airbag needs a new igniter,basically the unit has come to the end of its life so im told and a new one is £300 or so.Can you buy a recon one?
Also my radio is playing up,have replaced the aerial wire from the boot to head unit but still cannot get any reception at all.
54 Reg. A4 3.0 Quattro sport cabriolet.
many thanks.
mark.

I too had this problem with the airbag in my passenger seat.

When it first had the problem the garage adjusted the connectors under the seat and reset the faults. Light stayed out for 8 months. When it came back on I took it to one particular dealer and they said it needed a whole new airbag which will cost £400! They said they would pay half towards it as "good will"!!! I told them to stick it as the car was only 4yrs old.

Anyway left it for a few months and when I took it to Stafford Audi for it's service and asked them to look at it. They said it just needed new connectors which the previous garage said you couldn't buy seperate! However they didn't have them in so would have to bring it back in at a later date which would cost £110 all done. Anyway as I left the garage they fault light wasn't on as they had reset it and 2 months have gone by and the light still hasn't come back on so i'm not rushing back just yet.

Can you confirm the fault code that you have ?

Last edited:
Not sure of the fault code,but i am assured this is the problem,reset but then the warning light appears again! I take my car to a friends local garage,he is very good with audi,merc,bmw,etc. So i dont pay dealer prices for labour.

Where abouts in North Wales are you from as I'm sure someone nearby could vagcom it for you to read the fault code.

I would be suprised if the igniter was completley knackered. I suspect it will be the same trouble as what I have had but you never know!