Suspension gone hard!

QuottroA4

Reaction score
Hi peeps, I was after some advice.

I have recently changed my springs to Eibach Pro Kit and Shocks to Blistien B4 sports which was fine until last week.

To begin with the ride was excellent, handling much improved and the bumps being ironed out on the road. However over the last 2 weeks the ride as become very un-compliant and the slightest bump on the road is felt through the cabin, in fact I have avoid the biggest bumps through fear that it will damage to car in some way.

I have spoken to the person who supplied my shocks and springs who said that it is very odd that this has happened as they have used the Eibach / Blistien B4 sports combo without any issues in the past. The only thing we could come up with was the poss that Blistien has sent me the std B4's which have a longer piston length and if fitted could explain the harsh ride as they are not designed to work with shorter sports springs

Hypothetically, if this is the case, what are my rights as a customer? As my supplier said that Bilstien may want the shocks back to examine them before sending out new ones. Obviously this would be a totally unacceptable situation as I would need replacements and reimbursement for the cost of my Indy mechanic refitting them...which I am sure they won’t want to pay out of course even though it would be Blistien who would be entirely at fault for sending the wrong parts out (which took 7 weeks to arrive from the date of ordering I may add)

I would like to make the point that this problem is in no way shape or form a reflection on my suppliers service (Damien @ DPM) who as always is very helpful and will do his upmost to ensure his customers are happy.

Any thoughts or ideas on what this problem could be would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Rich
approve.gif

Well there must be a Part number you can give back to your supplier so that they can check to see if there has been a mix up. If it turns out that they are the correct shocks they have sent you then they might be faulty - so if thats the case then its down to your supplier to sort something out for you where you wont be left with No transport.
No good sticking your ride on axle stands for several weeks whilst they scratch their heads.
Basically if they are faulty or have sent you the wrong setup then you should not be spending a Penny.Blistien will have to cover ALL costs regardless!
Stress to them that you need transport no matter what so whether they have the power to arrange a day where you take your car somewhere where they can be checked and maybe they'll have to have another set of shocks on standby there and then just incase you need to swap them.Either way they have to reimburse you no matter what and make sure you stand your ground!

Last edited: