Badger5JMB Retrofits
    Reverse Gear

Status

Unhappy CONVENIENCE MODULE KAPUT..URGENT

Right having followed other peoples advice from here my convenience module is knacked, had the carpet up and defo pinking sounds coming from inside the box, windows not wkg, random alarms etc. Question is can it be repaired? or am i definately looking for a replacement? My neighbour is under the impression they can be repaired but doesnt know where or how much, the part number is 8EO 959 433 AK, There is one on ebay but the last two letters are CK not AK, is this an issue?

It is driving me mad so thanks in advance for your help.....

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    have you priced it from audi, i got one last year for 230 when the passenger footwell flooded. they do pop up on ebay but it is important to have the right letters at the end because it controls things like parking sensors etc depending on the spec of your car and things might not work if you get the wrong one. also you could try http://www.findapart.com
    Last edited by swine; 3rd October 2009 at 17:27.
    A4 1.8t 190 sport http://www.rpselectrical.ie

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    Second that "swine" on price and correct part numbers - if it's a DIY job then you will of course need VAG-COM to recode the new one, or for that matter a 2nd hand one.
    Read on this forum that wrong part numbers can give other problems too.
    Couple years back new one for me from the stealers was ~220 inc VAT.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

1st Gear

Status
    just to add to that, both keys need to be programmed to the new module using vag-com, i was charged 15 quid by an indy to get this done. your dealer should do it for you but my local wanted 80.
    A4 1.8t 190 sport http://www.rpselectrical.ie

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    im in this boat too right now, 235 in vat from main dealer, i need to get a new one same numbers but ending in AJ, buzz me if you find one on your travels please!

Reverse Gear

Status
    after hearing damp can cause the fault i have had the unit out and drilled some holes in the surrounding box to let it 'breath' so to speak, also had my passr side heater going full blast into the footwell.......................the fault has almost ceased, only occasionally having any probs now, hoping ive just saved myself a couple of hundred quid....

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkster View Post
    im in this boat too right now, 235 in vat from main dealer, i need to get a new one same numbers but ending in AJ, buzz me if you find one on your travels please!

If you buy it from me I can save you 35.00 of that.
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmspeedy View Post
    If you buy it from me I can save you 35.00 of that.
    noted thanks,

Status
    Well i took my unit out today, found out it ended in AC not AJ, cant see any water or any past signs of any Liquid of any form, So im still stumpped for ideas,

Do these units just bugger up over time on there own? warn out syndrome ?

Last edited by Turkster; 8th October 2009 at 19:37.

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    Oh yes - they may be erratic for a while, then be OK, and then screw up again - even when totally dry and not a sign of any water!
    General rule that they are dead is when you VAG-COM them and there is absolutely no communication to them - time to get a new one.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

Status
    pictures just added