Rear spoiler removal advice

Turkster

W.Bro.Paul 2.0d Q5 Quattro
Reaction score
Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Website
www.facebook.com
i had this fitted and now I want to change it, will it come off easy or will i be a real mess, glued on with the black stuff,

01072008613.jpg

Hi, if it is the stuff from audi it will make a good old mess, i stuck mine on with this, it aint moving but i saw one at the body shop i use where some nice person had tried to steal it off an avant, the spoiler had broken and half of ot was still stuck to the tailgate, reckon it must have been MR T, who tried to nick it, glue works great though i have stuck the usual rattling door handle cover back on with it, that aint moving either.

Most boot spoiler's are held on with 3M tape. Is your spoiler factor item or an after market job ??

Or hammer and bolster. Good luck with it maybe you can warm it up with a hot air gun, worth a try.

its stuck on with the glue, i contacted the guy who fitted it for me today, he says get a new boot lid! :scared2:
If it's poliurethane mastic then he's right, you need a new bootlid or live with it as even a nuclear blast wont disolve that ! Propper heavy duty stuff...

If it's poliurethane mastic then he's right, you need a new bootlid or live with it as even a nuclear blast wont disolve that ! Propper heavy duty stuff...

That cracked me up

use i long cable tie from one end start in the corner and it should cut the glue just dont rush it ar pull up on it to much as may snap a bit of heat would help but from inside so you dont mark the paint. when off use some petrol to clean the panel off.
and if you get it off how much do you wont for it ;-)

I think I'd leave it well alone.... You don't want to mess the boot lid up!

The Avant S-Line tailgate spoiler is bolted on with 2 bolts in the centre and has a very strong 3M tape around the edges. It's a pig to get off and even worse to remove the old tape!! :cry:

try petrol to get the old 3m tape off works well i used to use it when i was doing car body work its evan good for getting tar off the body too just be sure to wax it after to protect it again