Monster MotorsportSky Insurance

Thread: Fog light help

5th Gear

Status

Fog light help

Hi all, can anyone tell me if the rear n/s fog light can be activated, i have removed the lense and tested the cluster but no power to the fog position, is this just a case of remoeving the knockout section addind a bulb and a fuse or is there more to it??

Thanks in advance
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi fanatic

Status
    Generally it needs wire across ,
    and the slightly later ones dont even have the tag in the lamp holder for the centre bulb contact ,
    this is something thats always annoyed me with a lot of german cars .

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks for that, it does have the center contact for the bulb but just no power, i am not a great user of rear fogs but i belive if it is there it should work!!
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

Audi fanatic

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboyc View Post
    Thanks for that, it does have the center contact for the bulb but just no power, i am not a great user of rear fogs but i belive if it is there it should work!!
    Definately should 100% they seem to have a determination not too do it thou back as far as i can remember with all my V.A.G cars and other marques .

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    it is a wire routed from the other side to make it work, iv pre tested this mod myself and will be hard wiring it in soon, i will also to a write up for the job, iv done this mod to a few of my cars in the pasts,

5th Gear

Status
    Great, look foward to the write up