Volks AutosJMB Retrofits
    5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status

Unhappy HOW TO - I DONT KNOW?

PLEASE HELP

The first question i hope is straight forward i have a 2001 a4 avant quattro sport 180 engine no AKE

im told by audi there are 2 temp senders, 1 for the ecu (green with 4 wires on) which i have changed and 1 for the temp guage(poss black 2 wires on) where is the location of the 2 wire sender and how to access it would be appreciated. reason is temp guage is reading low and occasionaly stops working so need to change sender first

my other question is how the dickens do you remove the boot door linings to access rear of number plate lights- ive tried removing the 2 bolts behind the warning triangle and the two in the grab handles but it is still fixed somehow- anyone know how it is done?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    With reference to your second question, I have never done it but have seen questions on it. I think after those fixings are out it's just held in by 'clips'. It just requires a good firm but gentle pull and it should come free, but as I say I can't actually speak from experience ....
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Neutral

Status
    been doing this today on the avant.....there are 4 screws to remove on then it pulls off. It is a bugger of a job to get it off
    52 A4 Avant 1.8T Sport Quattro
    Metallic Atlas Grey
    Leather/Alcantara, Xenon, F&R PDC, Ambient lighting, Storage pack, Interior lighting pack

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by swarcup View Post
    PLEASE HELP

The first question i hope is straight forward i have a 2001 a4 avant quattro sport 180 engine no AKE

im told by audi there are 2 temp senders, 1 for the ecu (green with 4 wires on) which i have changed and 1 for the temp guage(poss black 2 wires on) where is the location of the 2 wire sender and how to access it would be appreciated. reason is temp guage is reading low and occasionaly stops working so need to change sender first

my other question is how the dickens do you remove the boot door linings to access rear of number plate lights- ive tried removing the 2 bolts behind the warning triangle and the two in the grab handles but it is still fixed somehow- anyone know how it is done?
    i was always under the impression that the green temp sensor 4 pin sent info to both the ecu and the gauge ? there is one similar black sensor its in the bottom radiator hose but i think this one is for the electric cooling fan every time i have had a temp gauge problem i have only ever changed the green one

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by swarcup View Post
    PLEASE HELP

Just the four screws and pull really hard all that holds it on are sping clips that are really strong. I used a plastic wedge so i could get my fingers under the trim then pulled like hell.
    FOR SALE... 2007 Rns-e (sds), 2009 OEM bluetooth module, Flat bottom TTRS MFSW, steering wheel control module and slipring. All in Classifieds, Pm me if interested.

RS6 Avant, Milltek non res, Forge, ITG, Bilstein, Hotchkis.

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    Yer if its got a 4 pin sensor its combined dashboard and ECU.

Earlier cars had two (like pre mid-90's models)

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build