Need to clean my car more thoroughly

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I'm off on holiday tomorrow, so spent yesterday prepping the car for the trip. Having noticed that the aircon was beginning to smell musty on startup recently, I popped down to Halfords for a Comma anti-bacterialogical aerosol "bomb".

I decided it would be a good idea to remove all the bits n bobs before I set the thing off, and whilst emptying out the passenger pockets, I found what at first looked a hooked tool for removing centre caps from wheels. Closer inspection revealed it to be a fossilised banana!

No wonder it was smelly in there!

Ahh man bet that was a sight!!

Going anywhere nice fella??

You got kids, i have two now very sticky opel fruits (as i know them) stuck down the side of my seat, wedged up agaist the center console, oh and my darling daughter keeps "hiding" things in the rear arm rest, don't you just love em!!

I give my car a quick hoover out every week. I use one of those hand held Dyson's its very good and is up there with a proper mains hoover. It means it only takes 2 mins instead of 20 mins every few weeks..

PS. I have a 13 month old so know about pancake crumbs and the like..

hope you enjoyed your stay in my beloved northumberland. did u like the roads?

hope you enjoyed your stay in my beloved northumberland. did u like the roads?

Excellent, especially since fitting an RS4 rear anti-roll bar!

We stayed in Rothbury, and spent the time exploring Kielder, and the Border towns such as Hawick, Kelso, Berwick-on-Tweed etc. Shame it rained.

...:faint:you let your kids eat in your cars guys??
Forget the "no Smoking" sign, its NO EATING in mine!!

....Long Journeys??? - not a problem - Starve!!!!:)

Thing with that is... I like to eat in the car, ESPECIALLY on long trips, and while i dont have kids, i can just imagine the outcome should you tell them "daddies eating, your not"

Even I dont eat in my Car! saying that, I dont really do long journeys in my car, my van does around 25k a yr whereas I average 3-4k now in my Motor!