Airbag front crash sensor wiring

noddyr

A4 2.5 TDI 180 Quattro Sport
Reaction score
Hi, Can anyone help?
My airbag light is on and it turns out that one of the connectors to the front right hand crash sensor has been cut off! The sensor is at the back of the headlight on the driver side and is easy to spot without removing any parts.
I will order a new connector from the stealers but I was hoping someone would take a pic of the connector so i know which wire goes to which pin. I would hate to make a guess and cause the airbags to deploy!
My car is a 2003 2.5 tdi QS, but I guess any similarly aged A4 would have the same wiring?
I have Vagcom so i can clear the codes when the wiring is fixed.
Also happy to help others by using my Vagcom in the Inverness area!
Thanks, Dan.

According to Wiring Diagram plus I checked under my bonnet too......

G283 = Passenger (RHD) Front Airbag Crash Sensor
--Pin 1 = brown (ground)
--Pin 2 = white
G284 = Drivers (RHD) Front Airbag Crash Sensor
--Pin 1 = red (ground)
--Pin 2 = lilac

The pin numbers should be marked on the connector.

Woorlord - Thanks very much for the info, its really useful and has saved me a big headache, will let you know how I get on!
Quattro James - I agree there are some things which should be left to professionals, but this is a simple repair where someone has been 'less than careful' whilst removing the front end of the car, and using good engineering practices such as soldered wiring with good heat shrink insulation, there should be no danger that the work will cause any problem.
My feeling is that if you want the job done to a good standard, you are better off doing it yourself 9 out of 10 times.
Great forum by the way!
:respekt:

Probably a good idea to disconnect the battery during remedial work -just to be on the safe side as per all interventions with air bag devices.