AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    2nd Gear

Status

Cruise control not working

Guys have you any ideas how to fault find the cruise control on my A4. It was factory fitted not retro, is there anyway of testing the switch and clutch switch with VCDS. I've done a full autoscan with VCDS but no cruise faults showing i have also tried sending login code 11463 to the engine ecu to activate the cruise control but this made no difference.
    FOR SALE... 2007 Rns-e (sds), 2009 OEM bluetooth module, Flat bottom TTRS MFSW, steering wheel control module and slipring. All in Classifieds, Pm me if interested.

RS6 Avant, Milltek non res, Forge, ITG, Bilstein, Hotchkis.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    What was the initial coding before you changed it? Have you checked to see if that is the correct one for your car with cruise control fitted?

Also, has the cruise ever worked since you have owned the car?

Another thing to check will be to see if there is a fuse for it that may have blown.

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    Clutch pedal switch problems will show up under VCDS under the Engine ECU.

My mate had a problem on his 3.0Q and the Cruise would not switch on and the VCDS gave this....
    Address 01: Engine Labels: 06C-909-559-ASN.lbl
    Part No SW: 8E0 909 559 H HW: 8E0 909 059
    Component: 3.0L V6/5V G 0003
    Coding: 0011711
    Shop #: WSC 63351 000 00000

1 Faults Found:

17947 - Clutch Pedal Switch (F36): Implausible Signal
    P1539 - 004 - No Signal/Communication
    Readiness: 0110 0001
    Switch was not working, replaced it for around 12 - all sorted.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

2nd Gear

Status
    I never changed any coding just login 11463 to activate cruise in the engine ecu. There are no fault in Vcds and all fuses are fine. I used a Snap on Modis to check clutch switch operation and that is fine. There must be a way of testing the cruise control stalk but i can't find anything on Vcds / Snap on and Bosch kts
    FOR SALE... 2007 Rns-e (sds), 2009 OEM bluetooth module, Flat bottom TTRS MFSW, steering wheel control module and slipring. All in Classifieds, Pm me if interested.

1st Gear

Status
    Try measuring blocks on VCDS for instruments

2nd Gear

Status
    Clutch switch replaced and all working fine Didn't show up in VCDS or Snap on Modis

Neutral

Status
    You can test the operation of the stalk and clutch/brake switches in the Engine measuring blocks in VCDS. I didn't spot this before otherwise I could have helped you, sorry! Glad you got it sorted.

2nd Gear

Status
    I found the measuring blocks for the cruise switch but not the clutch switch.

Neutral

Status
    Can't remember which block it is and I don't have a 1.9TDi to check on.. it's not in the label file it's just a binary value which changes to 11 with the brake switch operated or 1 with the clutch switch operated. If you still have access to VCDS go and have a play.. I'm sure you'll fine it in the first 20-30 measuring blocks, I just can't remember where.