Caliper paint

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Hi all, got 12 shifts off the end of october and am gonna set about painting the callipers, proberbly red (as you do ) WAS GOING TO USE SMOOTHRITE, does anyone know of a different heat resistant paint or will that be ok,
Thanks in advance

Matty:hubbahubba:

Loads of threads on this, do a search...

However, you could use Hammerite Smooth, or I have just this morning bought Plastikote from B&Q (£3.48) in Silver, for mine...

But, the Manchester Derby's on soon!

Managed to get 2x coats on both my rear calipers this afternoon. Look great. Simple, effective and cheap mod.

Will match the new front Porsche Cayenne 6 pot front calipers nicely once they're on too.

Gave the inside of the wheels a thorough cleaning too while they were off, almost like new!

Hey Stoaksey - would you say the Paint is up to the Job?? Ive got to repaint my S4 Calipers and liking the sound of £3.48...:icon_thumright:

Hi mate. Well have only had the paint on since this afternoon, so hard to say.
Have read quite a few threads from various forums and quite a few people have used Hammerite smooth and this Plastikote stuff. It's a smooth finish painted enamel.

Popped into Halfrauds afterwards for some brake cleaner, and they're selling the same stuff for only £3.29 ! Hardly any colours though. I've gone silver, so they'll be alot more noticeable through the black wheels, once they're on.

Someone else with black wheels might want to think about that... ;)

But you might wanna think about a matching electric blue colour - will also show up nicely through your wheels.

It's a great paint as it's touch dry in 10mins and fully dried after 45mins. So a quick job for a Sunday afternoon. If you've got wheel stands you can have the rears done in an hour.

I might give them a further coat or two when I get the fronts on, if they need it, but have heard they stand up to a jet wash every few weeks so should be fine.

You going to ADI at Castle Combe?

I've just ordered a set of RS4 embossed car mats so should smarter things up no end. If you know anyone looking for OEM RS4 front calipers/discs, holla? Have sold my exhaust now too. Just wanna get this photoshop sorted and I'll be a happy bunny!!

:sex:

Nice one dear chap!
Yeah you got it, Silver behind my black wheels would suit me just fine.
They're silver already but just need a fresh hit and the new S4 calipers will show nicely - all 2 acres of them,lol

I did think about blue but dont know if it would look too cheap if you get what I mean.
:think:

I've always used 'Japlac' paint made by International, also available in B&Q.

http://www.international-paints.co.uk/search_results.shtml?searchString=japlac&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

Tried and tested and highly recommended by myself and several people on uk-mkivs.
It has a nice easy to clean finish thats very hardwearing and the paint is really easy to apply.

I've always used the red before which is a nice sporty bright red that has a good glossy finish, but this time with the Denim blue A4 I wanted a silvery look and actually went for the stainless steel metallic japlac. It has a duller darker look than the metallic silver and is a nice alternative if its a silver like colour you want to go for but a little more subtle.