Chris NottEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Finally got one.

Hi guys,

Finally my money came through, went to look at this last week..

Was the first one i saw, but is in excellent condition, 2004 130 sport tdi. 50k, one owner, full history (Audi to 30k) Didn't really like buying the first one i saw, but was just so nice and reasonable money. No extras really, fairly standard spec, but still lovely.
    I have a couple of questions though.. Do the Avant sports have the sports suspension? When i drove it there was a noticable plume of smoke left when i gave it some beans, i've been informed by some VW/Audi mates that they all do this, is this correct? It wasn't a massive amount, but could be seen in the mirror in daylight, wasn't properly warm though.
    Car only has one key and needs the timing belt doing and a bit of a service, but managed to use these to get 400 off the asking price.
    Cheers guys.. I'll put some better pics on next week when i pick it up.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    very nice use the 400 saved for the timing belt asap dont take chances with these big bucks if they go

4th Gear

Status
    Looks very nice, yes sports come 20mm lower than standard suspension. I think a bit of smoke is normal. Remember; no smoke no poke. ;-)..

2003 Silver A2 1.4 TDi - 65mpg & 30 a year to tax - ;-)
    2003 Atlas Grey A4 2.0 S-line - gone
    2000 Goodwood Green S6 4.2 V8 - gone

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Nice very nice

Reverse Gear

Status
    Cheers fella's

Did my Xenon Hid kit yesterday.. 6000k, 50w from Hid's direct, maybe a little too blue for my liking.. Nice simple job (Other than finding where to mount the ballasts) - cable tied them under the plastic guide thingy that sits under the light housing. Not ideal, but will do for now.

Is it just a matter of changing the bulbs for 4300k if i decide to go to 4300?

Not had any radio interference or blown wiper motor yet.. (fingers crossed)!

Timing belt and service this weekend, off to france in her for a couple of weeks then time for a remap.
    Last edited by Maddog73; 24th September 2009 at 08:33.

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Im doing the same with mine, im changing to 4300k. Im just going to buy a whole new kit with the slim ballasts.Seen the kits on Fleebay for around 55 delivered and few on here have already had them with no issues.

I mounted my big ballasts where you have aswell, wont give you any hassle. I just stuck some rubber tape round the connections - Job done.

Off to france for a cruise is it! get he remap done before if you can, it'll triple the fun for your trip!

1st Gear

Status
    J7USS, can you report back if you have any problems with radio interference or not?

I am running a 2 year old 35w big ballast kit on my a4 and get bad radio interference and am wondering if I replace it with a newer kit the problem may go away.

Cheers

Will design for mods

Status
    I don't get any radio interference and I've got the standard sized ballasts. I listen to the radio all the time, so I'd definitely notice if something wasn't right.

FOR SALE: Eibach Sportline Springs from B5 A4. £50 - PM for details.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothAssault View Post
    I don't get any radio interference and I've got the standard sized ballasts. I listen to the radio all the time, so I'd definitely notice if something wasn't right.
    Cheers for the info buddy, where abouts did you mount your ballasts? Oh and is it an Avant or Saloon as I'm trying to pin down if its an Avant only problem too.

Cheers

Will design for mods

Status
    My ballasts are just tucked neatly into whatever little gap was available, not even cable tied. Last time I checked thay hadn't moved even a few mm. But I'm still tempted to switch to slimline ballast kit for a slightly tidier install at some point.

Mine is a Saloon; 190 quattro Sport... With Bose as that may possibly be relevant too.

FOR SALE: Eibach Sportline Springs from B5 A4. £50 - PM for details.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Mines a 2003 Avant without Bose - so there's goes any pattern! lol!
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Nope, No interference at all when i had my Bose in.None with my Pioneer either.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by J7USS View Post
    Im doing the same with mine, im changing to 4300k. Im just going to buy a whole new kit with the slim ballasts.Seen the kits on Fleebay for around 55 delivered and few on here have already had them with no issues.

I mounted my big ballasts where you have aswell, wont give you any hassle. I just stuck some rubber tape round the connections - Job done.

Off to france for a cruise is it! get he remap done before if you can, it'll triple the fun for your trip!
    Sorry OP, I know this is going off subject! Juss are you going to mount your ballasts in the OEM position now you're going for the slim ones?
    There is a good guide on here somewhere, I remeber reading it after I'd done mine - think it was Woorlord - tidier option too with metal plates to cover the ballasts screwed down.

Anyway here's some quick (poor quality) pictures from when I did mine at the girlfiends kitchen table whilst she was out cutting the hole in the housing resulted in a lot of black pastic shavings all over the kitchen, lol.

Last edited by Marc1; 26th September 2009 at 11:20.
    For Sale
    B6 S Line Saloon rear bumper,B6 A4 Upper Grille,B6 1.9TDI catback exhaust,B6/B7 Full Piano black inlays,B6/B7 RNS E/GPS Sharkfin,B6/B7 Side airbags,B7 2.0TDI Intercooler and MAP sensor

5th Gear

Status
    Nice looking avant there, the 130 sports seem to be getting quite hard to come by, mine was the first one i saw as it was the only sport i could find loads of se's though, they do sit lower and the 17's fill the arches nicely, i have the 4300k hid's in mine and the light is bright white as i didn't want a blue tint, have just addes some 4 led side lights so the two now look the same colour and now yellow look of the original sidelight, regards the remap have a look at the tunit box as this is easily detached without memory loss if your vehicle needs to go on the audi computer as i have heard stories of these wiping out remaps and a big loss of cash, the tunit has 9 settings gives upto 25% bhp and a fuel saving of around 7-10%, as said you can adjust this yourself by a simple screw giving more power or more fuel.

Enjoy the car and start those mods.

Matty
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Marc - Yeah exactly what you have done is what Im going to do mate. Keeps things Tidy dont it. Im also having trouble with one of my Ballasts, I have to disconnect then reconnect for one of my Bulbs to come on so Slimlines Next week.
    Bet your bird loved you, ha - my mrs would have had a fit, She got this OCD when it comes to cleaning mate for real!

4th Gear

Status
    Certainly does mate, no more wires everywhere and p*ss easy to do.

She was pretty hacked off. Mine sounds the same mate, doesn't stop with the OCD, I just think they're all the same with things like that
    For Sale
    B6 S Line Saloon rear bumper,B6 A4 Upper Grille,B6 1.9TDI catback exhaust,B6/B7 Full Piano black inlays,B6/B7 RNS E/GPS Sharkfin,B6/B7 Side airbags,B7 2.0TDI Intercooler and MAP sensor

4th Gear

Status
    Oh and Maddog73 - Your new Avant looks very tidy. Looking forward to see some modding pictures
    For Sale