1.8t engine dead! please advise on next steps?

shaz-raul

Reaction score
hey guys

i took my car into the garage this morning and upon the guys stripping the engine down its done... pistons, conrods u name it its screwed up...

So wat do i do next??? find another 1.8t engine?? or sumin else? :keule:

its for an audi a4 sline 190bhp 2004

scrappy for another one or repair the current one i have?

i dont have a trusted mechanic as the one i used to go to didnt really service the car properly which led to the engine messing up! for im sorta starting at ground zero here....... all hints an tips would be much appreciated an also if you guys have any highly recommended mechanics within the london area i would really appreciate that

thanks

Get the 2.7 Bi-turbo engine from the old S4!

Seriously though, find one that's been in a rear end collision and just do an engine transplant. The 190's are a bit rarer though, so you might have a job finding one.

Why did you delete the old thread?

hey guys

i got a ticking off for using the F word in the thread so as a newbie i deleted it instead of editing it! been lookin around for another write off but not really havin much luck... an i gotta find a mechanic who knows wat the hell he is doing as well as the last **** probably didnt service it properly

So its the Bex Engine you looking for then! Prob the best bet.
If your lucky you will find one within days but because your looking for the same engine you might need to prepare for the waiting game. Took me 3 weeks till I managed to find a decent replacement.

Have a look at this....

J7uss ur an absolute star! is that all i'll need?? or will i need other parts along with that?

i also wanted to know if i got hold of a tt's 225hp 1.8t engine wud that be a difficult job fitting it in or pretty simple??

thanks guys i dunno where i'd be without ur help

You need the Block aswell by sounds of it but it states in his ad that he is breaking the entire engine so it'll be worth giving him a call on the Number stated.
You never know mate, might sort you out a good price.

re: the TT engine swap. This is what I was looking into when mine went but was then advised by my mechanic to keep it simple and go for the same code engine I originally had in mine (AVJ) but after I had bought the engine, had it fitted etc I spoke to another mechanic and he said he could have done the TT engine implant **** easy!! Sods law considering the £1600 I paid for the Enigne and Turbo I could have saved myself £600 if I had gone with the TT swap.

hey j7uss no luck with the guy that was breaking the engine... he sold the block within 10 minutes of posting it up! this engine seems to be becoming the bain of my life! found a local place who have the bex engine but want £2300 supply an fitted its covered 34k.

a friend of a friend just wrote off his 58 TT an has a 2.0 tfsi engine that he said i cud have for £1700... with the loom an the ecu... so now... how easy is it to fit? is it even possible?