Badger5EM Tuning

Thread: SDS hack

cabriolet

Status

SDS hack

completed the sds hack today, now have sw version 660, coded it up to accept voice control, tested the speech button on my fbmfsw and all works ok.
    just need to wire in my mic now which i got off the bay.
    does anyone know which wire on the mic goes to which input on the rns-e, i know the pins on the rns-e to use, just woundered if the mic was pin specific.
    thanks
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Just test it temp as you'll need repair wires anyway on rns to complete so bare wire twist it 1st then test & when correct solder or bullet crimp them, easy peasy & as only 2 wires only 2 ways can test huh.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

cabriolet

Status
    cheers nhn, i assumed so but i didnt know if i could damage anything by getting it the wrong way round.
    just wanted to cover my ass.
    thanks again mate

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    nah wont damage anything, just wont hear you, lol, no worries.

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    OOOooooo hacking that sounds naughty

What does the hack do and how do you know what software version you currently have??
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vrbob View Post
    OOOooooo hacking that sounds naughty

What does the hack do and how do you know what software version you currently have??
    If you have the 2009 maps then you will have S/W 0650. You can check this in the one of the menus under "Nav" on your RNS-E
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    nah wont damage anything, just wont hear you, lol, no worries.

just what his missus wants.....

Available soon in the For Sale Section.....

RS4 Pedals - Drivers side mirror mounting/wiring
    B6 Cab Front Grills - Drivers side B6 Cab Headlamp
    Moro Blue Mirror Caps - Full set of Cab Windscreen Surrounds
    Symphony 6 disc Head - Unit Full set of B6 Cab Manuals inc Leather Wallet
    N/S B6 Rear Lamp - RS6 Auto Brake Pedal

PM for more details.......

cabriolet

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by markyzs180 View Post
    dont need to talk to her now anyway, i can sit and talk to the car now, and i get a better response!!!! LOL

cabriolet

Status
    BIG BIG thanks to nhn, helped me out over the phone ( whilst eating pizza ) very knowledgable guy and very helpfull, thanks for taking the time nige.

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    1wheel- looks like you'll be needing to update that signature of yours again !
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Actually press Car then select version & shows u maps currently on dvd & the firmware version of RNS IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by markyzs180 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1wheelonly View Post
    dont need to talk to her now anyway, i can sit and talk to the car now, and i get a better response!!!! LOL
    Hey should of fit button to turn mic of whilst she's using car, lol, cant hear you love, lol

Quote Originally Posted by 1wheelonly View Post
    BIG BIG thanks to nhn, helped me out over the phone ( whilst eating pizza ) very knowledgable guy and very helpfull, thanks for taking the time nige.
    Real italian pizza whilst in Venezia, lol, sod the phone bill.

No worries glad could assist.

Status
    Cheers guys i did press car but wasn't sure what was meant to be under that option so it didn't mean anything to me plus i spent more time working out how to get the language changed form german to english.

will play with it a tad more when i have some time.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    It will show something like 8P0919884AA which would be the map version namely the part number for the DVD's & then software/firmware version something like 0650, post up then can advise what you have mate.

Status
    The RNS-E i got came with a backup copy of the 2009 Maps discs (for testing purposes only) which they have burnt onto a verbatim dual layer DVD-R the RNS-E is having a bit of an issue reading this disc and comes up with error unable to read DVD. So i have got in contact with the guy i got it from as i was worried the DVD drive might be dodgy he is gonna send me another copy of the 2009 disc plus an original 2007 disc to make sure the DVD drive is ok. Anyway once i have these discs i will give it another test as at the mo it aint the easiest thing to test as i have to take my single DIN concert stereo out of the car and balance the RNS-E on the gearknob to plug it and play with it. So will post up what it says then.

Cheers guys dunno how i would cope without you lot i defo wouldn't be retrofitting stuff in my car without your help, far too scary

3rd Gear

Status
    The RNS-E i got came with a backup copy of the 2009 Maps discs (for testing purposes only) which they have burnt onto a verbatim dual layer DVD-R the RNS-E is having a bit of an issue reading this disc and comes up with error unable to read DVD. So i have got in contact with the guy i got it from as i was worried the DVD drive might be dodgy he is gonna send me another copy of the 2009 disc plus an original 2007 disc to make sure the DVD drive is ok. Anyway once i have these discs i will give it another test as at the mo it aint the easiest thing to test as i have to take my single DIN concert stereo out of the car and balance the RNS-E on the gearknob to plug it and play with it. So will post up what it says then.

Cheers guys dunno how i would cope without you lot i defo wouldn't be retrofitting stuff in my car without your help, far too scary
    Back-ups (ahem) should be on a DVD+R DL (note the +) and written at 2x speed for the best chance of them working well

Available soon in the For Sale Section.....

RS4 Pedals - Drivers side mirror mounting/wiring
    B6 Cab Front Grills - Drivers side B6 Cab Headlamp
    Moro Blue Mirror Caps - Full set of Cab Windscreen Surrounds
    Symphony 6 disc Head - Unit Full set of B6 Cab Manuals inc Leather Wallet
    N/S B6 Rear Lamp - RS6 Auto Brake Pedal

PM for more details.......

Status
    i didn't make the "backup" the guy i bought it form did so no idea what speed it was burnt at. It may of been a + not a - disc as i can't really remember cos its not infront of me to look at.

gonna try it with the original 2007 version first as this will at least prove the DVD drive is ok. Infact today whilst i had 5 mins i took the top cover off the RNS-E and used an air duster to blow out any dust n dirt so it looks nice n clean now so fingers crossed that should give it the best chance of working 100%.