2.5tdi advice

steviequattro

Reaction score
:kissmyrings:hi all, im thinking of upgrading my ecu,ive got to get rid of that awfull lag at low revs,i live in the north east and would appreciate any proven places to take car,what results to expect and a good price to pay.the car is a 2.5tdi quattro 2001 with 96000miles,it drives really nice apart from lag as i said earlier,thanks in advance steve...

Hi Steve,

I had the same car as you (180 bhp manual) and wanted a bit more out of it. I kept reading that the 2.5 doesn't respond well to mapping but I went ahead anyway!

I bought an st3 from chip and spin with 2 maps, eco and fast road, both had good/bad parts, after going back and forward and a trip to chippeduk for a tweeked map I was happy, the car pulled like a train! Unfortunatley it got written off by

a truck within a week or so!

Now in a 3.0 tdi but still have the maps and st3.

Good luck!

Cheers Chris

cheers chris,is the company in north east,how much?was fuel econemy any different and im assuming you would recommend

As I say - we got there in the end!

Economy was identical - dispite the +5mpg claims, good customer service from Mark at chip and spin. Not sure where they are but it dowsn't really matter, the ST3 is posted to you and you keep it.

Chris

not to keen on the idea of a posted chip,i found a company called remapscience in bradford they do a remap to suit your car for a price that seems quite cheap,has anyone used them or heard of anyone using them?

At what point do you get the lag is it before 2000 rpm:search:
not to keen on the idea of a posted chip,i found a company called remapscience in bradford they do a remap to suit your car for a price that seems quite cheap,has anyone used them or heard of anyone using them?

yeah before 2000rpm,i know this is normal but i would like to use turbo a little sooner,i assume this is what a remap does or will do

Thought as much,

Yeh I know how you feel. When mapped it will seem loads better.

yeah before 2000rpm,i know this is normal but i would like to use turbo a little sooner,i assume this is what a remap does or will do

where did you get your map done,what did it cost and did it affect fuel at all,you here horror storys all to often it would be nice to here the good things.

JBS did a custom code remap on my 2.5,very happy with it
pulls much stronger & wakes up at about 1500rpm rather
than 2000.
Not sure where they are located but they a company listed on this
site,last time I looked they were doing 30% off.