Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Audi A4 Navi Plus Safe Locked

Hello or more like HELP!!!!

I've got a audi a4 on 2003 with a navigation plus system. i had to disconnect the battery and now the sat nav won't work. It says Safe Locked. I didn't even get chance to put my code in. The unit won't do anything. I've taken the unit out and disconnected it and put it all back and still won't work. does anyone have any idea's to help me out please its driving me mad.

Thanks

Michael

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Hmmm, probably a Main Dealer job......
    Monza Silver A4 2.0TDi S-Line Avant Quattro (170) - Heated Alcantara Leather, Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Folding Door Miirrors, Electric Tailgate, Privacy Glass, etc

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    It's strange that the head unit (HU) has not recognised it's in the car.
    Normally disconneting and reconnecting the battery makes the HU check it's code with the convenience module - if it's a match then no code needed to be entered.
    However, if a you install a different head unit to that "remembered" in the convenience module then the code needs to be entered.

Also note that if you remove a "retrofitted" head unit, i.e. it has wiring harnss adaptors, then make sure the power loom is the last loom connected after the "BOSE/Amp/CD connector" - this connector carries the CAN-bus connections to the convenience module.

My original Concert II stereo was supplied by the dealer without a security card and they even gave me the wrong code which did not work when I had to use it. I found by leaving the stereo powered for an hour or so allowed me another 3 attempts at entering the code - originally thought I was entering the code wrong.

I eventually got the correct code from Cambridge Audi, (not my local dealer) - as the unit was not in the car I gave them the Radio serial number and my V5 document as proof of ownership and driving license as ID. They gave me the correct code free of charge. Was surprised they were so helpful, especially as not supplied by them and on a 5 year+ car!
    If it's in the car they can get the serial number via a diagnostics check.
    Last edited by Woorlord; 15th September 2009 at 19:25.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

Reverse Gear

Status
    Cheers for the info guy's, still no joy but i'll keep playing.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    do you have the manual?
    As i am sure you have to press a combination of buttons to get the code entry bit up . I know you do on a double din syphony

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    Security Code entry comes up by default on RNS-E at power-up if required.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

6th Gear

Status
    When it's timed out you need to keep it turned on for 30 or 60 minutes until it allows you to try entering the code again.

You say you have a Nav Plus - but both the RNS-D and RNS-E are labelled as Nav Plus! Since yours is a 2003 I'm guessing you have an RNS-D (a large knob either side of a non-motorised screen).
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

DND Services Ltd

Status
    I can recode the Navi-Plus if you are still having problems

http://www.dndservices.co.uk/Audi-Ra...Plus-code.html
    Regards

Dave

Radio & Decoding Technician
    In Car Audio Service Department

DND Services Ltd
    Paignton

01803-391680

www.dndservices.co.uk