Scratch !

JohnboyC

Reaction score
Hmmm - this should probably be in the rant & rave forum....but...4 weeks off on paternity - 1st day back at work....park at the end of a far row....and some utter tw*t has put a 2" curved scratch on my unmarked body work on the passenger door - half way up the door and about a foot from the front of the door...
Almost like a brief case or handbag has been swung past my door...

Its a very fine scratch but it sticks out like a sore thumb...gone thru the lacquer and down to the primer........definately will not polish out.

If I was not keeping the car for the next couple of years I would just say stuff it and leave it....but have to get it done....next doors BMW 3 series had a similar scratch which is now a massive quarter inch wide rusty scar...

Any suggestions....seems barmy getting the entire door resprayed....

...and yes I am mightily pi$$ed off about it !

i really feel for you john, i suppose the normal call out jobbies like chips away etc would do it but if your cars in that good a condition then i would bite the bullet and get the job done right, if that means having the whole door done then so be it mate, you wont save alot by just blowing it in mate.
how about people like polished bliss, they do paint correction dont they, they must do things like that too, worth a call, at least with there reputation you know it will be mint when you get it back.

Have booked these guys....the scratch is minor but VERY noticeable....so getting the drivers door minor scratches sorted at the same time....ho hum...

http://www.smartautorepairs.com/

Ultimately, they offer a 3 year guarantee....I will be getting rid of the car in 2 years......