Head light beam deflectors

jonny

Reaction score
I am about to go to France on Friday with my A4. I could do with a bit of advise about head light deflectors. Vindis Audi, Cambridge claim that I HAVE to get Audi's version as it is the only kit that fits, wait for it.....for £50 + VAT
Halfords seem to offer a kit for £6.99 (inclusive of VAT)!!
What gives??

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I've heard the same on another forum. On my TT I just flicked a switch.

Not good.

p.s. Are your's Xenons as I'm not sure if what I read was Halogen or Xenon.

Halogen. I think older A4's had a switch but B6's don't.
Good old German logic.........

I used to go to France every year with my parents as a nipper, and I seem to remember some people using black sticky tape as deflectors, so I reckon you'll be ok with the halfords ones!

I don't know what the legal blurb is, but there's no way I'd pay £50+vat for a few bits of plastic I'm gonna use for a couple of weeks then chuck away, and I can't really see the gendarme pulling you over and giving you a ticket because you're deflectors are not Audi approved!! After all, they all drive citroens and renaults, so how would they know! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I believe the GB sticker is also a legal requirement, but you won't find me sticking anything to my cars, never get the damn things off again. Best to go with a magnetic one and hope no-one nicks it!

Have a good holiday!

Mike

Thanks chaps, all set I think. I even checked my oil today!!
I am looking forward to some cheap fuel for a change...