1.8t pulling 1.5bar?!?

howdy quattro

Reaction score
hey, i've got my boost gauge fitted, kind of, just need the final finishes to it, but i've had it down the road and put it under load and the gauge is
a)making a bizarre buzzing noise from the guts of the gauge itself
b)telling me that the turbo is pulling 1.5bar
has anyone else had a buzzing noise when fitting gauges and can others tell me what boost pressure they get, bearing in mind my engine has had a revo stage 1 update. any help would be great.
pete

nope, i went from the front vacuum pipe, all the diagram guides i have seen told me to use that one and not the fuel pressure line. but for anyone else with the same problem that i'm having, for future reference, i looked it up and apparently its a common problem with vag engines and awesome-gti sell a t-piece that eliminates the problem. i'll keep you posted on this thread how i get on with it. but i'm still wondering about the boost pressure readings i'm getting if anyone can help!

Easy mate,Soz about last night, Bro's new addition to the family getting spoilt.
Anyway T buzz connector is what you need to stop that head doing buzz and when I had my red one I was boosting close to 19psi but once nice and hot it was boosting around 15-16psi...

I was not saying where you should tap in to rather that you should fit a fuel filter in to the Vac line that is feeding your boost gauge.

so 1.5 is about on the money then, thats ok then! its jus i have more to do with jap setups than owt else and alot of big powered sx's and skyline only seem to run 1.2 and they have meaty turbos on em, not a little ko3!!