Bluetooth and Ipod Stereo Help

Nutkin

Reaction score
Right having found out that a aftermarket HU is a ball ache to fit, what can i do about my desires :eyebrows:

I wish to have bluetooth integration and a Ipod setup.

I have a Concert with the active speakers and a 6 disc changer in the glovebox.

What would be a simple way to sort this out?

dont mind loosing the changer.

Just fit a Blaupunkt or Becker HU and these are straight plug & play, the only thing you need are a fascia and antenna adapter which are £10 a piece. You'll not only get better quality & features but you can sell the HU and changer to help finance the investment rather than spending more money on integration adapters.

Just fit a Blaupunkt or Becker HU and these are straight plug & play, the only thing you need are a fascia and antenna adapter which are £10 a piece. You'll not only get better quality & features but you can sell the HU and changer to help finance the investment rather than spending more money on integration adapters.

see i was going to do that but ive been told my stereo runs off a canbus system so i have to run a new live cable to it to make it work :(. Also if someone does diasnostics something K7 or what breaks and goes bang fizzle fart! i believe these are the technical terms.

check out hazzy days... they do an awesome iPod link that's horribly over=priced, but does set the bar... especially when linked with the video-in and Freeview!!!

hmm might look into aftermarket now, gonna be about 100 quid for a parrot kit and 100+ for a dension thingy and it just seems like a lot of wiring and effort for both options and id rather have it all squashed into the HU tbh.

plus i can remove the crappy phone kit already in the car, (not ipHONE compatible unfortunately :( )

whoops.... didn't read the bit about the Concert.... (too much to drink)

The Alpine KCE 425i Video (for RNS-E) that I mentioned is £400-£450 and that excludes the £800 for the RNS-E!

Right sorted, having read some Anymac posts im gonna go for a single din with bluetooth included, im fed up with using these weird things called CDs.

Im just gonna tap into the live feed and use that and hopefuly remember to turn the unit on and off :) if i get a free weekend ill set up a live feed from the ignition barrel :)

Nutkin, you've got an iphone?

What about this for a solution then?
3ae00818.jpg

5d292a9a.jpg

Brodit 915290 cradle (adjustable for covers, available in standard form though different model number) This cradle allows you to keep devices connected all the time.
Belkin Itrip or similiar
Tom Tom for Iphone
Nokia / Parrot or other bluetooth.

So the itrip plays your musics through your stereo from your Iphone as well as charging your Iphone.
When the Itrip is running and you run Tom Tom the vocal turn by turn directions cut the music and play through the speakers.
Bluetooth for your calls.

Quite a tidy option on the cheap. I have only wired it behind the dash and run it to the cig lighter for now, however this will soon be hard wired to an ignition on. Need to look into Lostboks glovebox solution too for tidiness:icon_thumright:. I always planned on doing an RNS-E mod, but as I could get the Tom Tom app on the phone cheaply, I thought I'd save that meny for the next car - that will have RNS-E already :)

nah i dont like the quality of those fm transmitters. much rather have a direct digital connection to the ipod. plus i think im gonna end up sticking all my audio back into the audi a some point. So just easier to replace the stereo than to keep polishing the chocolate mud monkey.

Fair enough mate. I have a similiar cradle for just the Iphone that is mint if you need one for your Iphone, let me know.

Nah already forked out 30 quid for the brodit one :( thenr ealised id bought the wrong connector.

lol! That's why I have a spare going now. :lmfao: