I was travelling along the road and my engine just cut out and when I tried to restart it. The car would turn over but wouldnt even attenpt to fire?
I thought it may have been the auxiallary air pump and so went to take it out as I could smell a burning wire smell from under the bonnet.
The only sign of a fault was the engine EPC light came on. When I took the engine covers off I noticed that one of the coil packs had a crack in the top and some black burnt mark and it stunk of the burning smell I mentioned. So I changed the coil pack and left the battery off for about 15 mins to try and reset the ECU. When I went to restart the car. Nothing had changed.
Any help Im sick. Would the car have blown a fuse somewhere if the coil pack had shorted out? I have had 2 packs go previously and normally the car only goes onto 3 pots and still runs.