JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

Engine Just Cut Out. Please Help?

I was travelling along the road and my engine just cut out and when I tried to restart it. The car would turn over but wouldnt even attenpt to fire?

I thought it may have been the auxiallary air pump and so went to take it out as I could smell a burning wire smell from under the bonnet.

The only sign of a fault was the engine EPC light came on. When I took the engine covers off I noticed that one of the coil packs had a crack in the top and some black burnt mark and it stunk of the burning smell I mentioned. So I changed the coil pack and left the battery off for about 15 mins to try and reset the ECU. When I went to restart the car. Nothing had changed.

Any help Im sick. Would the car have blown a fuse somewhere if the coil pack had shorted out? I have had 2 packs go previously and normally the car only goes onto 3 pots and still runs.

Please help

Andy
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport 2002, Superchipped, Custom Intake And Heat Shield, Stainless 4 Branch Manifold, Forge DV, HID's,

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Sorted it. It was a blown fuse
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport 2002, Superchipped, Custom Intake And Heat Shield, Stainless 4 Branch Manifold, Forge DV, HID's,

4th Gear

Status
    anyone else expect someone had bought a car with a cardboard cut out of an engine in it :D

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutkin View Post
    anyone else expect someone had bought a car with a cardboard cut out of an engine in it :D
    lol....had to read it three times before i got it!!

glad its sorted ronnieb, for reference though could you post which fuse had blown? might help someone else in the future

Available soon in the For Sale Section.....

RS4 Pedals - Drivers side mirror mounting/wiring
    B6 Cab Front Grills - Drivers side B6 Cab Headlamp
    Moro Blue Mirror Caps - Full set of Cab Windscreen Surrounds
    Symphony 6 disc Head - Unit Full set of B6 Cab Manuals inc Leather Wallet
    N/S B6 Rear Lamp - RS6 Auto Brake Pedal

PM for more details.......

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by markyzs180 View Post
    lol....had to read it three times before i got it!!
    Lol, it took me about 5 goes! At first i was like WTF? Then the penny dropped
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

1st Gear

Status
    It was fuse number 29 I believe. It was listed on the fuse box as engine management.

Could have cost me a fortune that small thing!!

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    With regards to the fuse's in our car's i had problem a few week's ago ,
    i was unable to lock the passenger door and the rear door's also the driver's window only would close 3/4's of the way .Turned out to be a 15amp fuse number 24 . I replaced the fuse and bang the fuse blew within 2 day's .So i replaced the fuse with a 20amp all good , fingers crossed ..

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD View Post
    With regards to the fuse's in our car's i had problem a few week's ago ,
    i was unable to lock the passenger door and the rear door's also the driver's window only would close 3/4's of the way .Turned out to be a 15amp fuse number 24 . I replaced the fuse and bang the fuse blew within 2 day's .So i replaced the fuse with a 20amp all good , fingers crossed ..
    Not being funny mate but if the fuse was/is supposed to be 15amp i wouldn't put a higher rated one in, you are asking for trouble. I suppose at least you might find the fault when you see the smoke
    FOR SALE... 2007 Rns-e (sds), 2009 OEM bluetooth module, Flat bottom TTRS MFSW, steering wheel control module and slipring. All in Classifieds, Pm me if interested.

RS6 Avant, Milltek non res, Forge, ITG, Bilstein, Hotchkis.