Correct Tyre Pressures?

Mikebabs1

Reaction score

Went to check the tyre pressures on my A4 for the first time at the weekend, and discovered that there is no sticker inside the petrol cap telling me what pressure they should be!! There is a sticker (can't remember what it says), but its got no info on it.

Its a 2001 A4 2.0SE on standard 205 55 R16's (aeros), can anyone help me out please? I remember reading somewhere on here that the manufacturer's recommended pressures are pants anyway, so if anyone can suggest an optimum pressure, that would be cool too.

Cheers

Mike

On the A4 the pressures are on the drivers door pillar.

[ QUOTE ]
that wigginer said:

Why should the manufacturer suggested pressures be pants?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here! Here! That Wigginer....
After all they only spend billions developing the black round rubber things ......... What do they know? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:
On the A4 the pressures are on the drivers door pillar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Scotty, I'll check the door pillar, though it definitely says petrol cap in the manual!

[ QUOTE ]
that wigginer said:

Why should the manufacturer suggested pressures be pants?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apologies I was referring to Audi's recommended pressures, not the tyre manufacturer, and I wasn't personally saying that they were "pants", it was just something I'd heard. Obviously it depends what you want comfort/handling. FYI, I was referring to this post.

Thanks for the replies.

Mike