Boooooost gauge

howdy quattro

Reaction score
i no i said after my remap and de-cat i was gonna stick on a fmic, but iv decided seein as i'm skint i'll go for a cheap mod this time round and stick a boost gauge on just so i can keep my eye on things, i know what these vags are like for leaking boost on standard hoses!! i got a gauge on order that fits the style of my dials and good quality to with everything i need for 15 quid, what a bobby dazzler! just need to decide where to put it now! but hopefully when things pick up i'll be wetting your appetites with a nice big alloy mouth sticking out from behind my grille!!

fancey making me guide on how to fit :)

i like the look of the steering colum mount on awesome gtis site.

im sure i could take a few pics mate! or jus take a pic of the fitting guide that comes with it!!

t was mroe how on earth do you route the stuff through the dash etc. I presume i got to tap into one of the hoses at the bottom of the engine where my recirc is.

yeah i dont see it bein a big problem mate, once i've done it i'll stick up a how to guide for ya, jus been on awesome gti's site and they even make a replacement mold over the instrument cluster which fits a 2" gauge like mine is anyways, so if you get one and dont fancy gettin the drill out you could just buy one of those, problem solved! coz i dont think u can stick a pod on your a-pillar coz of the airbags in the columns.

fancey making me guide on how to fit :)

i like the look of the steering colum mount on awesome gtis site.

yeah i dont see it bein a big problem mate, once i've done it i'll stick up a how to guide for ya, jus been on awesome gti's site and they even make a replacement mold over the instrument cluster which fits a 2" gauge like mine is anyways, so if you get one and dont fancy gettin the drill out you could just buy one of those, problem solved! coz i dont think u can stick a pod on your a-pillar coz of the airbags in the columns.

^^^^ thats the one i was on about :) nice and subtle. Unless you are driving i guess?

lol

I also like the vent mounts but im sure wires are a pain in the **** then.

oh yeah, sorry mate, i didnt now thats the one you meant! kinda threw me with the steering column bit!! but yeah it looks an easy fix but not too practical!! i'm sure i'll come up with something tho, but dont be expectin any carbon panelling tho!!

I would get one of these.
AudiSingleUnit.jpg

http://www.podi.ca/Packages.aspx?CarID=1

Fitting instruction

Not how I fitted mine

http://www.podi.ca/Installation.aspx#intro

yeah thats the one i saw! i just dunno, i'd prefer it to be abit more subtle really!! i could actually do with picking your brains abit actually docurley with a few mods i might fancy in the future! for example........fmic!!!

Just post them up i'm quite new to the B6 but I have a few years of B5 A4's behind me.

The only realy subttle boost gause setup I know is the VRM one the fitts in the air vent.

audigauge.jpg

holy pooh that looks abit deadly to get right!! i'll give it some thought. and expect to be hearing from me soon!! although i have several times put threads up with no or very little feedback from anyone!

Sometime you need to search for info and if they think it's already been talked about you may not get a responce also the B5 section cover a lot of the 1.8t engine stuff so it worth looking in there too.

The VMR is a whole kit not just the gauge.

thats the prob you see, i dunno where i need to be looking seein as i've got a b7 front end, i dunno what the difference is between engine and front bumpers, my brain buzzes with 'hmmmmm, will i need a b7 fmic kit seeing as i've got a b7 front end, and if so will the b7 kit still fit the intercooler routing for the engine that sits in the b6 bay! almost think it'd be easier just to find a universal one and just make my own kit up!!

This is the one I fitted in my red Beast...Vision was not effected in anyway!
Image084.jpg

It worked out to £58 delivered from the US.
Fitting is alot easier than I thought.
Took me about half hour and that was quite steady...

Howdy - I would tell you where to stick it....the Gauge I mean,lol but once I get a spare day, Ill show you exactly where I stuck mine...:)
Ive only ever seen 1 pic and it looks the dogs Sacks and you only need the Guage, nothing else;)...

Im holding back till everything is sorted on the Blue Arrow so Interior shots will be included aswell.

juss, at the end of the day mate we all know why your vision was not affected, coz your mrs head was blockin the view of the dials anyway!! yeah you'll have to give me a clue mate, once its turned up i'll start doin abit of chin rubbin!!

juss, at the end of the day mate we all know why your vision was not affected, coz your mrs head was blockin the view of the dials anyway!! yeah you'll have to give me a clue mate, once its turned up i'll start doin abit of chin rubbin!!

Haha, I wish!!!:hubbahubba: