Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

Just need a little rant

took my car in to audi on tuesday under warranty because the eml kept coming on and recieved a call today off them to tell me they have scratched the drivers door (b******s) i searched a long time to find this car (51 a4 2.0 sport with only 63000 miles and in pretty much mint condition) and now these muppets have damaged it. they say theyre going to sort out the scratch by respraying the complete door but what p****s me off is that the car has never had any paintwork done and im worried itll never match 100%, im gutted to say the least and im really picky when it comes to my cars so i will always know it has been resprayed and probably will never be 100% happy with it because of this. where do i stand in this situation and what would you guys do in the same situation, rant over!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi A4 1.8TQ

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mtwallet28 View Post
    took my car in to audi on tuesday under warranty because the eml kept coming on and recieved a call today off them to tell me they have scratched the drivers door (b******s) i searched a long time to find this car (51 a4 2.0 sport with only 63000 miles and in pretty much mint condition) and now these muppets have damaged it. they say theyre going to sort out the scratch by respraying the complete door but what p****s me off is that the car has never had any paintwork done and im worried itll never match 100%, im gutted to say the least and im really picky when it comes to my cars so i will always know it has been resprayed and probably will never be 100% happy with it because of this. where do i stand in this situation and what would you guys do in the same situation, rant over!
    Chill
    Make sure they give you a half decent loan car while it's in being done and you will be surprised how many brand new Audis have been repaired like this let alone 2nd hand ones, you won't notice if they do a good job, and if they don't send it back

At least they were honest unlike the other poster who lost all his oil and needed a new engine
    And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Don't take the first offer go down there and check out the damage on the door take loads of photos ,and ask to speak to the Big Boss ,I bet my bottom dollar he don't even know this has happed to your car ...Do not let them try to smoth thing's over by saying they will paint the door...I have had this sort of crap from main dealer's
    in the past ..BMW sratched my 525 M-SPORT and when i had a VW the main dealer
    damaged my wheels and dented the car .Like i said dont except anything untill you get what you want,the longer you drag it out the better it will be for you..The more you shout the more people will here you .You need to kick up a stink..The Fu...rs
    Last edited by CMD; 27th August 2009 at 18:05.

Reverse Gear

Status
    got a nice loan car off them its a 58 a4 avant 2.0tdi with everything bar leather and elec seats, very nice indeed. i hope they do a really good job as its a lovely motor. the bloke that phoned me said he would have a word with his boss to see if there is anything else they can do for me to soften the blow a little, so ill see what they offer for the aggro and hassle they caused me. it must be devastating for the other poster that needs a new engine

Reverse Gear

Status
    what i cant get my head round is the way they explained how it happened, someone took it round to the valeting bay to valet it and when he opened the door the wind took it and it hit a wall, i can understand that but he then went on to say they hadnt got round to looking at the fault it went in with so WHY would they valet the car before they had even worked on it, something stinks somewhere, f*****g w*****s

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Thats how BMW damaged my car washing it ...When i said to them the day i booked it in i did not want the car valeted.. the guy washing the car cleaned the back window and he lent on the rear panel and sratched it to f..k

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Funny cause when brighton audi were renovating, the brick dust went all over the cars, then the idiots decided oh lets wash them, you can see where this is going, my car came home covered with brick dust, I scoured it for scratches but as mate is gonna detail didnt worry to much but others, god will only wonder how bad they were

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by mtwallet28 View Post

It's gutting, however at least they admitted it, a lot of dealers seem to be damaging cars and denying it, so you are one of the lucky ones.

As long as it is done to the correct standard so as not to ruin the warrenty and it matches i would be ok with it. Make sure whatever you do that you are 100% happy before accepting the car back as it's much harder to get things sorted once you leave

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Check where scratch is maybe needs rear door/panel & wing blending to make it unnoticeable tbh, only true way to get it right.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

cabriolet

Status
    try to get some freebies from them too for the trouble, start high and take what you ca,. some free servicing or something
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!