That'll teach me...

stoakseya4

Reaction score
Went to see my Mum (ahhhhhhhhhhh) the other week. familiar route, maybe 15miles drive on mainly good straight A road, with dual carriageway. :kiss:

Didn't take my satnav with camera detector (Pogo Drive).

Popped over the crest of a hill, and spotted the rear of a Police Van parked up on the verge.

Brakes applied. Possibly too late I thought. :scared2:

Guess what arrived in this morning's post?! Yep.... B'stards! :slap:

Had a clean licence for about 8yrs now so a real kick in the nuts!! :eiertritt:

Suppose there's no point in arguing the speed recorded (82mph)?!

:blownose::blownose::blownose::blownose: :sign_unfair:

TBH I had a similar, and as long as they only asking for 3 points and £60 then take it and run.

I have had a clean licence since i got mine "some" (insert huuuuge figure here) and am devistated to have 3 points. However insurance and that seem to be suprised when you say clean and no points, so it must be the norm....

I've just got my liscense back with my first ever three points :crying:

I were caught at 79mph in a 60mph zone!...quite lucky as i didnt even see the camera, and could have been caught at a lot more!!

When researching after I was caught, I read that 80mph in a 60mph zone is 6 points!...I hope that is either bull s**t or you were on a national speed limit duel carriage way!!

Gutted StoakseyA4 (and everyone else). Where you in a 60 / 70mph zone at the time?

Ouch, you need to take off one of them turbo's and stop the LED Foot.:noway:

Sorry to hear that. Inevitable in this day and age for any enthusiastic driver I think to get caught once in a while, especially in the increasingly 'non discretionary' world of cameras .....

Definitely a 70mph stretch - national speed limit dual carriageway...

So would imagine it'll be 3pts. Not too bothered about the fine, just the points.
Will be reading the above link shortly though, you never know!

snap, i just got a letter thru from northamptons finest for a little giddy fit i had, i wonder if i'll get away with being sent to a speedy workshop this time round! i flippin' hope so, only just got rid of my last set of points!!! unlucky tho pal!!

i tell you what i've been so lucky with cameras i went through one on the a303 at 105 mph and never got a letter and and also got flashed out of the way by an unmarked police car while i was sat on the same stretch road at 94 mph

probably pushing my luck at bit to far now he he ohh well