Neutral

Status

Did they do a 2ltr TDI Quattro?

or was it only the 2.5 TDI that came in the Quattro

2. # ADS
    ADS

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I don't think they even did a 2.0 litre TDI at all on the B6. IIRC, the switch from 1.9 to 2.0 coincided with the B7 model. The 1.9 TDI was available as a Quattro.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Jimmeh on Facebook
    What he said^^

Dad has just picked up a 2.0TDi SE Avant.. in comparing the two, they're very, very similar. (apart from the obvious grille, headlights and clusters..)
    Audi A4 Avant 1.9TDi 130 Quattro Sport.
    WhiteDetails.co.uk - Facebook? Follow me!

5th Gear

Status
    Later 1.9tdi, was 130bhp. B7 2.0tdi was/is 140bhp.

They've introduced a 170bhp model and I think either have or are about to up the 2.0 to c210bhp too I believe, which is into 3.0tdi territory...
    1998 S4 Widebody Saloon Track Car
    2006 320d SE Touring - Ze Fuhrer's Wagon
    2001 B5 RS4 510bhp & 508ft lbs SOLD
    1.9TDI (130) Sport -Black-Revo - Mrs Stoakseya4's mota - SOLD

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    I don't think they even did a 2.0 litre TDI at all on the B6. IIRC, the switch from 1.9 to 2.0 coincided with the B7 model. The 1.9 TDI was available as a Quattro.

well i sort of meant 1.9/2.0 ltr --they seem to have sooo many model variants, I can't keep up

and when I was looking for an TDI A4 quattro I could not work out whether they did a smaller diesel engined one - rather than the 2.5

the 1.9 must be pretty rare then, I dont remeber seeing many - if at all when I was looking

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    I pick up my B6 1.9 tdi Quattro Sport this weekend they are about but i didn't see that many to be honest

Not seen many B7 Quattro's though for some reason seems alot less of them about
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    1.9 TDi q's are very rare and desirable cars, but as bob says they do come up!
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Neutral

Status
    I have a 1.9 Tdi Quattro Sport Avant, and very nice it is too!

BahnStormer

Status
    B6 TDI Quattros = 1.9TDI or 2.5TDI... although lots of flavours in FWD, the Quattro's only came out in 130bhp (1.9TDi PD) and 180bhp (2.5TDI - VP, not PD!).

B7's was the start of the 2.0TDI... for the Quattro's: I believe they continued the 1.9TDI (130bhp) flavour for a while (possibly all the way through B7's?), as well as the 2.0TDI in 140bhp and 170bhp... there were two engines that replaced the not-so-fuel-efficient 2.5TDI quattro (like mine): the 180-190bhp 2.7TDI was there as a company car emissions and fuel economy loop-hole, so they only ever did FWD on the A4 (AFAIK)... and then those that wanted the "TDI-V6-quattro" expereience had to go for the quattro-only 3.0TDI.

If you can afford it, the 2.0TDI in 170bhp is the most fuel efficient of the quattro's and a lot lighter than the 3.0TDI!

3.0TDI is v nice and actually still pretty fuel efficient considering the weight, it's especially suitable if you want a lazy tiptronic... and can afford it....

however.... if on a B6 budget the 1.9TDI is a lot lighter and can be remapped to the point that it's performance is competitive with a stock 2.5TDI quattro.... it'll never be as smooth, but it it will still be more fuel efficient and more chuckable... the downside is that they're fairly rare and you may have to wait a few months to find one...
    Last edited by BahnStormer77; 28th August 2009 at 08:57.
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

4th Gear

Status
    Just to add to your mini Audi Wiki Lostbok 1.9 in the B7 was the 115BHP version.
    For Sale
    B6 S Line Saloon rear bumper,B6 A4 Upper Grille,B6 1.9TDI catback exhaust,B6/B7 Full Piano black inlays,B6/B7 RNS E/GPS Sharkfin,B6/B7 Side airbags,B7 2.0TDI Intercooler and MAP sensor

BahnStormer

Status
    marc = I take it you meant the FWD? Pretty sure all 1.9TDI quattro's after 2001 were 130bhp...
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lostbok View Post
    marc = I take it you meant the FWD? Pretty sure all 1.9TDI quattro's after 2001 were 130bhp...
    The B7 only ever had 1.9 115bhp it never ever had the 130
    MY15 8V S3 Sportback with options

4th Gear

Status
    As Auroan said, the 1.9 in the B7 was only offered as 115BHP as the economic option. If Audi had added the 130BHP there just wouldn't be a reason for a potential buyer to choose the 140BHP version, different story with the 170BHP though.

Most of them are over anyway though as I'm sure you'll have seen from the reviews, the 130's regulary show over 140BHP when tested. Mine showed at 148BHP in standard form, which it's back at .
    For Sale
    B6 S Line Saloon rear bumper,B6 A4 Upper Grille,B6 1.9TDI catback exhaust,B6/B7 Full Piano black inlays,B6/B7 RNS E/GPS Sharkfin,B6/B7 Side airbags,B7 2.0TDI Intercooler and MAP sensor

BahnStormer

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc1 View Post
    Mine showed at 148BHP in standard form, which it's back at .
    Where did all those ponies go?? Soembody wipe yer remap?
    LostBok/BahnStormer77

4th Gear

Status
    Long story to be honest, but in short (yeah right) it would overboost under load each te. It kept going back but the tuner could not sort it out. Effectively it was doing
    what it said, too much boost so went into limp mode. I replaced the turbo, all vacuum hoses, intercooler pipes and egr valve. Eventually enough was enough and the map was removed, set back to stock and a refund provided and no more limp mode. It definately put me off anything that doesn't have an awful lot or R&D behind it, and I would be requesting all values should I remap again. Although in fairness, the tuner was happy to keep trying to put
    it right and was happy to offer the refund, which I'm not so sure would be as simple a process with companies that aren't site sponsors.
    For Sale