Did they do a 2ltr TDI Quattro?

hodgy0_2

Reaction score
or was it only the 2.5 TDI that came in the Quattro

I don't think they even did a 2.0 litre TDI at all on the B6. IIRC, the switch from 1.9 to 2.0 coincided with the B7 model. The 1.9 TDI was available as a Quattro.

What he said^^

:)

Dad has just picked up a 2.0TDi SE Avant.. in comparing the two, they're very, very similar. (apart from the obvious grille, headlights and clusters..)

Later 1.9tdi, was 130bhp. B7 2.0tdi was/is 140bhp.

They've introduced a 170bhp model and I think either have or are about to up the 2.0 to c210bhp too I believe, which is into 3.0tdi territory...

I don't think they even did a 2.0 litre TDI at all on the B6. IIRC, the switch from 1.9 to 2.0 coincided with the B7 model. The 1.9 TDI was available as a Quattro.

well i sort of meant 1.9/2.0 ltr --they seem to have sooo many model variants, I can't keep up

and when I was looking for an TDI A4 quattro I could not work out whether they did a smaller diesel engined one - rather than the 2.5

the 1.9 must be pretty rare then, I dont remeber seeing many - if at all when I was looking

I pick up my B6 1.9 tdi Quattro Sport this weekend they are about but i didn't see that many to be honest

Not seen many B7 Quattro's though for some reason seems alot less of them about

1.9 TDi q's are very rare and desirable cars, but as bob says they do come up!

B6 TDI Quattros = 1.9TDI or 2.5TDI... although lots of flavours in FWD, the Quattro's only came out in 130bhp (1.9TDi PD) and 180bhp (2.5TDI - VP, not PD!).

B7's was the start of the 2.0TDI... for the Quattro's: I believe they continued the 1.9TDI (130bhp) flavour for a while (possibly all the way through B7's?), as well as the 2.0TDI in 140bhp and 170bhp... there were two engines that replaced the not-so-fuel-efficient 2.5TDI quattro (like mine): the 180-190bhp 2.7TDI was there as a company car emissions and fuel economy loop-hole, so they only ever did FWD on the A4 (AFAIK)... and then those that wanted the "TDI-V6-quattro" expereience had to go for the quattro-only 3.0TDI.

If you can afford it, the 2.0TDI in 170bhp is the most fuel efficient of the quattro's and a lot lighter than the 3.0TDI!

3.0TDI is v nice and actually still pretty fuel efficient considering the weight, it's especially suitable if you want a lazy tiptronic... and can afford it....

however.... if on a B6 budget the 1.9TDI is a lot lighter and can be remapped to the point that it's performance is competitive with a stock 2.5TDI quattro.... it'll never be as smooth, but it it will still be more fuel efficient and more chuckable... the downside is that they're fairly rare and you may have to wait a few months to find one...

Last edited:
Just to add to your mini Audi Wiki Lostbok :hi:1.9 in the B7 was the 115BHP version.

marc = I take it you meant the FWD? Pretty sure all 1.9TDI quattro's after 2001 were 130bhp...

As Auroan said, the 1.9 in the B7 was only offered as 115BHP as the economic option. If Audi had added the 130BHP there just wouldn't be a reason for a potential buyer to choose the 140BHP version, different story with the 170BHP though. :):)

Most of them are over anyway though as I'm sure you'll have seen from the reviews, the 130's regulary show over 140BHP when tested. Mine showed at 148BHP in standard form, which it's back at :mad:.

Long story to be honest, but in short (yeah right) it would overboost under load each te. It kept going back but the tuner could not sort it out. Effectively it was doing
what it said, too much boost so went into limp mode. I replaced the turbo, all vacuum hoses, intercooler pipes and egr valve. Eventually enough was enough and the map was removed, set back to stock and a refund provided and no more limp mode. It definately put me off anything that doesn't have an awful lot or R&D behind it, and I would be requesting all values should I remap again. Although in fairness, the tuner was happy to keep trying to put
it right and was happy to offer the refund, which I'm not so sure would be as simple a process with companies that aren't site sponsors.