AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

Question Brembo or not Brembo

Hi All

I've been noticing over the last few months that my brakes have slowly become less effective and whilst on holiday in the Peak District they started squeaking at low speeds. The discs are probably the originals (she's done 128k!) or have been on for some time at least. The low brake pad warning has now appeared so it's time to do something about it. Has anybody fitted Brembo Max grooved discs to their B6 and if so how do you rate them? I was going to get them from my local GSF as they have them in stock and look to be good price-wise. They've advised to go for Pagid pads - any thoughts? All feedback , good or bad, is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Richard

2. # ADS
    ADS

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    That sounds like a good combo TBH. If you are not a crazy driver then these will be much better than standard, not quite track day quality

1st Gear

Status

Smile

Mark

Thanks for the thoughts - that pretty much mirrors what I was thinking anyway. Not looking for mega performance as the nearest the motor will be going to a track is the car park at Brands or Thruxton when the BTCC is on! Just wanted to improve my chances of survival on the rural roads getting to and from work!

Richard

Status
    Sounds like a good combo to me.
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)

BahnStormer

Status
    post a linky - need to keep that in mind for next year's service.... pads are fine, but discs will need replacing soon....
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

1st Gear

Status

Smile

Lostbok.

try this link https://secure.gsfcarparts.com/shop/results.asp

In case it doesn't work (and it doesn't so go herehttp://www.gsfcarparts.com/ and click on shop and follow the steps) here are the details with the part no's in blue

60225F BRAKE DISC-BREMBO'MAX' A4 1.8T / 1.9TDi AFN/AJM Engs./ 2.4 / 2.5TDi / 2.6 / 2.8 V6 95> 42.25 + VAT

64526 DISC PADS-TEXTAR A4 99> (Ch.8D-X-200 001>) PR-1LZ Brake Code +Sensors 41.25 + VAT

Unfortunately they didn't have the Pagid pads I was going to get but apparently the Textars are the best-sellers at the moment! Should be fitting tomorrow night so hopefully report back sometime next week when they've bedded in.

Regards

Richard

p.s. GSF seem to be a bit cheaper than here! http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pag...sub_category=1
    Last edited by henry74; 27th August 2009 at 19:23. Reason: Link to GSF webpage doesn't work!

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Nice I look forward to hearing your experiences, and seeing your pictures
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    ^^ same here ^^

I like it when a plan comes together