Badger5Volks Autos
    On Point!!

Status

Bulb error after HID attempt

HI all,
    I really need some help/advice.
    I just tried to fit a HID kit and got it working but my front left indicator did not work and I got a bulb out warning on the DIS. So I took it out and replaced it with the original stuff, but the bulb still wont work and the warning is still there.
    How can I reset the DIS so I can start again will disconecting the battery work?
    Last edited by Xmay4444; 24th August 2009 at 16:32.
    1.8T quattro S-Line in Akoya Silver, Milltek sports cat & 100mm tipped pipes, black Angel Eyes, 18" RS6's (Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta), Bose Symphony 6CD, Moonroof, Criuse Control, Armrest, Full DIS, 0.5 Leather, F&R PDC, Light Pack, Parrot MKi9200
    Coming soon HID's
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2001 1.8T Sport 0 v Swedish Artic 1

2. # ADS
    ADS

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    I had same problem on my old car. It turned out the HIDS were fine and the reason for the warning was the actual connection to the indicator - I must have caused it when messing around fitting the hids....

Try putting your hazzards on and give the headlamp a slight tap near the indicator side first, failing that then fiddle with the wires for the indicator and see if that helps!

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    Take the indicator bulb out and check the contacts around the round black plastic bulb holder removable part. You may need to just slightly bend the metal contacts of the removable part to make decent contact with the Headlight assembly.

Had this a couple of times - once embarrassingly during an MOT and the DIS said nothing!
    Replaced the bulb was OK - got home went again came up on the DIS - adjusted the contacts as described above and ended up putting the original bulb back in - all OK now.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

On Point!!

Status
    Thanks guys, I will have a good look at it when it comes back from my local dealer as it is in for a serrvce.
    I have also noticed a very high pitched noise from the headlight unit when the lights are swithched on, but it then stopps after about a minute.
    Wny ideas?
    1.8T quattro S-Line in Akoya Silver, Milltek sports cat & 100mm tipped pipes, black Angel Eyes, 18" RS6's (Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta), Bose Symphony 6CD, Moonroof, Criuse Control, Armrest, Full DIS, 0.5 Leather, F&R PDC, Light Pack, Parrot MKi9200
    Coming soon HID's

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    If the HIDS are still fitted, its the sound of them powering/warming up

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    HID's need to generate typically 23kV (23,000v) from your car battery's 12v so utilise high frequency inverter technology to do so. You are hearing the transformer windings buzzing at these high frequencies!

This is normal.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

Neutral

Status
    Hi, sorry to sort of go off topic..
    I'm looking into getting a HID kit; do i need H7 bulbs for my B6. Thanks

***** rent boy

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by audimatt View Post
    Hi, sorry to sort of go off topic..
    I'm looking into getting a HID kit; do i need H7 bulbs for my B6. Thanks
    Yes, you need H7. Stick to 4300k - 5000k if you're not a poser. There's a guy in my neighbourhood who has 8000k's fitted in his B6, the amount of glare and colour is ridiculous.

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    I have 6K....and to think about it, Im a poser too but that was way before my 6k's!!!

On Point!!

Status
    That whine i was talking about, at first I too thought it was the ballasts, but It's still there after I took the HID kit out.
    I'm now gonna have to drive around without a front indicator till I can have a good look at my headlight unit prpoerly.

PS my lights are not OEM by the way, (see my avatar).
    Coming soon HID's