S4 Cab

• Thread starter imported_CHRISLEE59
  • Start date
I

imported_CHRISLEE59

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I've just got a new S4 cab. Amazing car, great engine and quality. But fuel consumption is between 13 - 16 MPG !!!
Is this normal.

I've averaged 18.3mpg since Easter in my saloon. If you rag it then your figures are easy to get. Town figures are often worse.

Cab is around 2 mpg down on the saloon, so I would not expect you would get much more than 16mpg.
Oh and if you are going by the D.I.S then you can proably knock another 10% off that figure as it seems to be a little optomistic.

I average 18.5mpg on the drive into the city every morning in my cab (over 2500 miles), however over the weekend I did a 250 miles around the peak district & A1 and managed 27-28mpg. It all depends on how drive it, with a heavy left foot then yes it can drop to the low teens, but who in their right mind buys a 4.2 V8 to get a decent mpg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Agree with Andy's point. On my well run in S4 Avant I can get 27mpg or 17mpg depending on use. I average about 22/23mpg and find the DIS to be accurate.