Retrofitters

JohnboyC

Reaction score
OK folks....looking to get my MFSW steering wheel (B6 version) retro fitted soon....

I will more than likely use

http://www.vwcruise.com/16.html

But he is obviously some way down south, but he will travel - which is great !

Anyone know of any other retrofitters worthy of consideration
(already checked out Craig btw)

Shark_90 is Nottingham way which is better, I know he gets up around bolton a bit though...

John Keep me posted please
Cheers
Ian

Will do, but as stated above, will probably use Gareth....but it would be good if we could get more than just you & I to get bits done by Gareth to our cars....

Hi there...
Got all the bits now....just trying to convince myself to try and do the job myself as because its all B6 bits it "should be plug & play" & then VAGCOM the car to tell the Steering Wheel Control Module its got an MFSW fitted.....or I pay Gareth...Where are you up to Niknak ?

Just awaiting the Steering wheel to be delivered should be with me the end of the week then ready to rock and rolll.

Just awaiting the Steering wheel to be delivered should be with me the end of the week then ready to rock and rolll.

Niknak....Have you already got the correct Slip Ring & Steering Wheel Control Module ?

I know someone in the derbyshire area who would do for you, need to check dates with him, just let me know if you want me to ask him.

Johnboy, I have the Slip ring (£185:faint:) Gareth was going to supply the control unit as part of the fit out.

Cheers
Ian

Niknak....Have you already got the correct Slip Ring & Steering Wheel Control Module ?

Hmmm interesting, can they upgrade the DIS also? what sort of costs are we talking about?
Cheers
Ian

I know someone in the derbyshire area who would do for you, need to check dates with him, just let me know if you want me to ask him.

Niknak - are you after the DIS computer or the "full-colour" upgrade?

DIS is about £150 for the computer module, stalk and fitting.... full colour is silly money.... >£500 just for the parts!!

Lostbok, yeah I know about the colour DIS being expensive and like rocking horse pooh!! My car has the basic red with miles left in the tank, I was after upgrading so I have average miles etc while the steering wheel is off and I'm having cruise control fitted.
Ian