Monster MotorsportVolks Autos

Thread: Retrofitters

4th Gear

Status

Retrofitters

OK folks....looking to get my MFSW steering wheel (B6 version) retro fitted soon....

I will more than likely use

http://www.vwcruise.com/16.html

But he is obviously some way down south, but he will travel - which is great !

Anyone know of any other retrofitters worthy of consideration
    (already checked out Craig btw)
    Monza Silver A4 2.0TDi S-Line Avant Quattro (170) - Heated Alcantara Leather, Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Folding Door Miirrors, Electric Tailgate, Privacy Glass, etc

2. # ADS
    ADS

Just Looking

Status
    Nigel, NHN from here is well respected and may be cheaper but he's not local to you either.
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

1st Gear

Status
    Shark_90 is Nottingham way which is better, I know he gets up around bolton a bit though...

4th Gear

Status
    John Keep me posted please
    Cheers
    Ian

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Niknak View Post
    John Keep me posted please
    Cheers
    Ian
    Will do, but as stated above, will probably use Gareth....but it would be good if we could get more than just you & I to get bits done by Gareth to our cars....
    Monza Silver A4 2.0TDi S-Line Avant Quattro (170) - Heated Alcantara Leather, Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Folding Door Miirrors, Electric Tailgate, Privacy Glass, etc

4th Gear

Status
    John

Where are you up to with this?
    Cheers
    Ian

4th Gear

Status
    Hi there...
    Got all the bits now....just trying to convince myself to try and do the job myself as because its all B6 bits it "should be plug & play" & then VAGCOM the car to tell the Steering Wheel Control Module its got an MFSW fitted.....or I pay Gareth...Where are you up to Niknak ?

4th Gear

Status
    Just awaiting the Steering wheel to be delivered should be with me the end of the week then ready to rock and rolll.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Niknak View Post
    Just awaiting the Steering wheel to be delivered should be with me the end of the week then ready to rock and rolll.
    Niknak....Have you already got the correct Slip Ring & Steering Wheel Control Module ?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I know someone in the derbyshire area who would do for you, need to check dates with him, just let me know if you want me to ask him.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

4th Gear

Status
    Johnboy, I have the Slip ring (185) Gareth was going to supply the control unit as part of the fit out.

Cheers
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by JohnboyC View Post
    Niknak....Have you already got the correct Slip Ring & Steering Wheel Control Module ?

4th Gear

Status
    Hmmm interesting, can they upgrade the DIS also? what sort of costs are we talking about?
    Cheers
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    I know someone in the derbyshire area who would do for you, need to check dates with him, just let me know if you want me to ask him.

BahnStormer

Status
    Niknak - are you after the DIS computer or the "full-colour" upgrade?

DIS is about 150 for the computer module, stalk and fitting.... full colour is silly money.... >500 just for the parts!!
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

4th Gear

Status
    Lostbok, yeah I know about the colour DIS being expensive and like rocking horse pooh!! My car has the basic red with miles left in the tank, I was after upgrading so I have average miles etc while the steering wheel is off and I'm having cruise control fitted.
    Ian