Chris NottAH Fabrications

Thread: No Coolant..

Neutral

Status

No Coolant..

Hello again...

I was driving today, when the coolant light warning come up on the dash- i picked the car up about 3 weeks ago and it was serviced, and the water was topped up. Ive covered probably about 1000 miles, and the car has been fine, stayed at 90c every trip, for the whole journey.

When i checked the water after the light came on, it was well below the mininum. I looked for obvious signs for head gasket failure, but there is not water in the oil.. or vice versa - also there has been no loss of power etc.

I've read some where about the "bleed screw" breaking, but from what i can that too is fine. There is no signs of leaking in the engine bay either...
    Where is the water going; any ideas?!

Thankyou

2. # ADS
    ADS

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    What was done at the service? As its possible its cleared an airlock maybe?

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Squezze the top pipe that goes from the top of the rad to the metal tube that the bleed screw is in and listen for air being pushed up through the screw.

I would even take the screw out to double check. I have a couple in my garage so if you need one let me know and I can pop it in the post for you.
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

Neutral

Status
    Okay, it was only an oil change, and the other usual bits. The water was only topped up..
    Yeah ile try squeezing the pipe and see what happens. Let you know, cheers

Reverse Gear

Status
    You should have the cooling system pressure tested while both cold and hot, to determine the cause of the coolant loss.