Nokia Car Kit

audimatt

Reaction score
Hello
I know this has probably been asked 100 times over.. but.. i've done a search and cant find the answers!

I've got a Nokia Car kit, which was installed at the factory - the holder only seems to be compatible with those old "business" phones, bit too retro for my liking. I've got a Samsung phone, and the bloke i bought the car off said you can get adapters and different holders?
I don't know if this is right.. can anyone tell me if it is, and where can i get the adapters from?:think:

Cheers Matt

I would go to Audi and investigate if your phone is compatible with the factory installed phone kit. See what silly price they want to charge you, and then see if there is a cheaper alternative "adaptor" elsewhere.

If Audi say your phone is not compatible then you may need to invest in an alternative Bluetooth handsfree solution.

The holders are generally used to charge the phone and connect the phone to an external aerial. My Blackberry only utilises the charge facility from the cradle in another non-Audi car which has factory fitted Bluetooth.

Oh right.. i suppose Audi will want about £300 lol.
Worth a try though, i was thinking i could just get an adapter from eBay.. obviously not!

Oh right.. i suppose Audi will want about £300 lol.
Worth a try though, i was thinking i could just get an adapter from eBay.. obviously not!

Ask Audi and then you know if it's a goer for your particular phone.
If it's not compatible then you ain't going to find an adapter for it.
If there is an Audi option for your phone then you know to have a look elsewhere.
Getting a price from Audi will be your worst case price, although recent trends on Ebay would suggest it is often wise to check out the original suppliers. I've recently seen Audi car parts from scrap yards and general audio equipment selling on Ebay for more than a brand new item.

If Audi can offer no cradle for your phone, at least get a list off those which are compatible - perhaps you can get a compatible phone when you next upgrade your phone.

What are the exact details of your "factory" Audi car phone kit, what radio have you got? Pictures are also good if you have any, or can post them up.

I'd highly recommend the Bluetooth and then one of these either in your armrest/cubby hole (about £10 from Maplin - excep tthe new ones have 2 x USB)....

edit: whoops that pic was big!!!

Where did you take the poer feed from Lostbok? Looks neat :o.k:

OP - Your Nokia kit will be able to pair with any bluethtooth phone. If you want a cradle for it, I'd look at Brodit, they seem to make the best ones for a wide selection of phones. You're not going to be able to charge it from the cradle though, unless you carry out Lostbok's solution or get a cig lighter charger cable for you phone and wire it into your Nokia plug behind the dash (if that makes sense).

I just got Gareth at HazzyDays to do it when he was putting in the Bluetooth phone kit in: apparently it's off one of the spare fuses on the main fuse box, but I haven't had an excuse to check exactly which line was spare... I think sunroof and heated seats are the only options I don't have, so I guess one of those?

Maybe run it into the small cubby hole near your right knee if you don't fancy big wiring job: that's what I was gonna do before I mentioned it to Gareth adn he suggested putting it in the main cubby hole... means that when I get the AV cables sorted out out, I can charge my iPod int here and feed video in at the same time.... plus charge a coupel of phoens / PDA's all at the same time and not have any of them on dispaly.

The hardwired Snooper / RLD are on an ignition-live circuit.... while the extra 12V sockets are "live-live" permanently on..... hmmm guess that rules out having used the seat heater / sunroof lines..... hmmmm....

Nice one Lostbok, will take a look into it.

I'd highly recommend the Bluetooth and then one of these either in your armrest/cubby hole (about £10 from Maplin - excep tthe new ones have 2 x USB)....

edit: whoops that pic was big!!!

Hi, I'm trying to do this now but want it to only be on with ignition otherwise whatever is permantly attached will tldrain the battery when cars is not running. I just don't know where to take the feed from. Anyone got any ideas?I have twin core 15amp cable and some of those crimping things to bite into an wire that is there already. Dash is out ready to go but the method I was originally going to take isn't going to work . If anyone has any ideas that would really help put. Cheers.