Collapsing Pipe - A4 S-line Quattro

Platinum70

Reaction score
I have an A4 S-line quattro which has been to modified to around 260bhp (various work from the superb guys at AMD).

During this hot weather I have started to experience problems when acclerating in 5th and 6th gear over 5000rpm. I realise this is high speed, and I obviously don't make a habit of it, but recently I was on clear dual carriageway and thought how does this car go. Well over these revs it was awful. Turbo cutting in and out it seemed. I've been back to AMD who are changing a pipe for a metal on. Turbo intake i think but can't remember. Has anyone else had similar problems? I know a few TT's suffered a similar thing.

I'm only ever heard of it on S3 and TT but I guess it could happen on others.

Here a vid of what happens : Video

I recently asked AMD for an price to chip my s-line and they included the cost of upgrading some hoses, probably thanks to your experience.

Chairboy

When you say AMD included the cost of changing pipes, how many did they say would be changed? I am only having one done which I presume is the turbo intake pipe.

Thanks

Chairboy

If you are happy with the performance then o.k, but I would say its the best money I have ever spent, on two occasions! I had a Seat Leon Cupra R before (as it was cheap and fun) which was re-mapped by AMD. When I got the A4 I took it straight to them on the day I collected it from the dealer. I found it slow compared to my previous car, obviously. The re-map totally transforms the car, as does the addition of the Milltek exhaust. Personally, even if I had an S4 or an RS6 it would still go to AMD.

Have a think about it but I would honestly advise that you take it to them. It is well worth the expense.

I hear what you're saying, if I could get more torque I would probably keep the car a lot longer, and I think the S-Line looks fantastic.
My concerns are insurance, do I tell my company and what will the increase be and re-sale. I know for a fact people have had problems re-selling chipped cars because of the buyers insurance difficulty. If you could advise me on any of these problems I'd seriously consider it.

Hi

I picked up my new s-line avant on the 1st , i love the car but want a bit more power
What did Amd do to yours and how much did it cost
does the car feel a lot better now its running 260bhp

i was thinking of taking myn down to jabbasport

can anybody help

cheers

The car is totally different with the re-map and even more so with the addition of the Milltek system.

HOWEVER THEY SEEM TO SUFFER FROM COLLAPSING TURBO INTAKE PIPE UNDER HIGH END LOAD SO THIS NEEDS TO BE CHANGED AS WELL. A.M.D are in the process of doing mine.

Its all worth it as it totally transforms the car into a car some decent performance.