Badger5Chris Nott
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook

Rear Isofix Fitting Guide

A few people have asked about this recently, and I fitted mine today (took about 3 minutes!) so I took a few photo's to help others:

Part Numbers:

• Isofix Bar - 8EO 813 545A
    • Sleeves - 8LO 887 233 (x2)
    • Torx Bolts - WHT 001 230
    Ł44.04 in total

These are the parts:

At first I thought I would need to remove the seat bench, but by lowering the seat back down it is possible to expose the bolt holes. NOTE I have an Avant with folding rear seats, a saloon will be different and folding rear seats are much less common:

Anyway by dropping the seat you can see the bolt holes as indicated:

It is then possible to slide the Isofix bar between the seats and line it up with the holes in the floorpan, and then screw the bolts tight. I don't know the recommended torque, so just wound them as tight as my screwdriver would go!

Seat up and your done! I fitted the sleeves initially which is supposed to help aligning the seat base easier, but have taken them off as I have heard they can deform the seat, which I can quite believe.

Thats it, hope it is of use to someone!
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

2. # ADS
    ADS

cabriolet

Status
    nice job james, where did you get the parts?
    didnt take you long, very speedy ( pun ) lol
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    James - Bolts should be done up to 30nm.
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by pjmspeedy View Post
    James - Bolts should be done up to 30nm.
    Cheers! Tights tight

Quote Originally Posted by 1wheelonly View Post
    nice job james, where did you get the parts?
    didnt take you long, very speedy ( pun ) lol
    Lol I did indeed get them from pjmspeedy - very impressed

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    Nice one QJ - just to confirm Saloon with fixed leather seats as I have can be done without removing the back seat panel - you just need patience to align the bolts, especially if you are doing both sides - it is possible but set aside at least an hour!
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

Neutral

Status
    are the parts/part numbers the same for saloon ?

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by glens14a View Post
    are the parts/part numbers the same for saloon ?
    Yes they are. Let me know if you want any and I can post them up to you.
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

6th Gear

Status
    Any one popping the rear bench up with also need the new clip that holds it in place as it's (crazily) a one use item.
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi guys,

I have a baby on the way and I need mod my other baby for the other babies arrival!

I have an Audi A4 2.0 TDi SLine. (55 plate)

What do I need to fit the isofix kit?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hallryu View Post
    Hi guys,

I have a baby on the way and I need mod my other baby for the other babies arrival!

I have an Audi A4 2.0 TDi SLine. (55 plate)

What do I need to fit the isofix kit?
    As per QuattroJames first post - all parts listed there!
    Left ISOFIX bar is 8E0 813 545 A and Riight Isofix bar 8E0 813 546 A
    Two bolts required per bar and two sleeves per bar.
    Last edited by Woorlord; 29th May 2010 at 13:20.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Woorlord View Post
    As per QuattroJames first post - all parts listed there!
    Left ISOFIX bar is 8E0 813 545 A and Riight Isofix bar 8E0 813 546 A
    Two bolts required per bar and two sleeves per bar.
    Many thanks for the swift reply. Now to find a supplier.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scoTTy View Post
    Any one popping the rear bench up with also need the new clip that holds it in place as it's (crazily) a one use item.
    I don't know how to get the back seat forward?!?! Doh! As you say, will I need a new clip of some sort?

Status
    You do not have to take the back bench out if it is not split folding rear seats - just takes a little longer getting the bolts in.

Just go to Audi dealer - Parts section or PM pjmspeedy for parts and he can send them to you.
    Read the complete thread above -all the info is there!

Reverse Gear

Status
    At first I thought I would need to remove the seat bench, but by lowering the seat back down it is possible to expose the bolt holes. NOTE I have an Avant with folding rear seats, a saloon will be different and folding rear seats are much less common:
    I don't have these seats. Sorry to be a pain but what does one have to do to get to the bolt holes?

Thanks.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hallryu View Post
    I don't have these seats. Sorry to be a pain but what does one have to do to get to the bolt holes?

Thanks.
    So you have fixed rear seats - leather or otherwise?
    Simply look between the seat and the back rest gap and you will see the captive thread ready to take the two bolts.
    There should be enough room to push the ISOFIX bar between the two seat parts and then fix with the bolt.
    This is what I did and it took a little longer as access was a little restricted to the fixing points.
    Take a look.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Well that appears simple enough. Thank you very much for the help.

Loving the anonymity

Status
    I think this is a great mod, just worried that they stand out a little too much! It looks like my child could fall through them holes!!!

Ł44 is peanuts though for a safety mod. I may have to look into it, would make fitting baby number 2's car seat a lot easier.

Reverse Gear

Status

6th Gear

Status
    Great write up, I'll be using this when I have a little one!
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy88 View Post
    I think this is a great mod, just worried that they stand out a little too much! It looks like my child could fall through them holes!!!,,,,,,.
    If you have the 100m exhaust tips I would be more worried about them falling down there.......
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?93093-Big-Tips!

The plastic sleeve guides simply pull off so don't need to be there all the time if you don't require them in place.

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by BlackQuat View Post
    Great write up, I'll be using this when I have a little one!
    Thankyou.

In actual fact we didn't get an isofix car seat in the end anyway so I'm not currently using them

We bought the seat below and the child is held in by the seatbelt across the bolster cushion, I'm very impressed with it and my daughter loves it as she can use the cushion as a table!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi,

Enquiring about a retro-fit at colchester AND chelmsford audi took some work - about four phone calls as they didnt know the info and failed to get back to me. In the end( after chasing them up) i was quoted Ł160 for isofix on ONE side. Does this sound a rip off to you? because it did to me, judging on what there is to do. Does anyone on this forum still supply the brackets? I have an 05 Audi A4 S-line 20T FSI. It has the threaded holes ready to fit.

cheers,

Pete

5th Gear

Status
    yes thats a rip off, pm pjmspeedy

Status
    LoneRobot --- Chelmsford Audi are always good to me - parts were Ł81.25 inc. VAT (20/04/2009) for both rear IsoFix frames and four bolts - all part numbers listed in this thread above.
    Easy enough to fit with a little patience - can help you fit them if you want - whip it around to me in Tiptree.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Woorlord View Post
    LoneRobot --- Chelmsford Audi are always good to me - parts were Ł81.25 inc. VAT (20/04/2009) for both rear IsoFix frames and four bolts - all part numbers listed in this thread above.
    Easy enough to fit with a little patience - can help you fit them if you want - whip it around to me in Tiptree.
    Hi Woorlord,
    Wow, That's a very generous offer - I'm actually round the corner from you in Messing. I will order some parts and pm you my mobile. Cheers! Pete

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneRobot View Post
    Hi Woorlord,
    Wow, That's a very generous offer - I'm actually round the corner from you in Messing. I will order some parts and pm you my mobile. Cheers! Pete
    In the next village with the best pub for a few miles - "The Old Crown"!!
    Will PM you my mobile.

BahnStormer

Status
    bench part of rear seat pops straight up and out, it's a 10min job with a T40 (or was it T45?) torq...
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Fitted ISOFIX Kit to Audi A4 2004 Saloon with fixed seats . The Isofix drivers "KIT" was purchased from main dealer Southampton Audi. Prices excluding VAT
    PLATE 8EO813546A Ł37.87
    2X PLASTIC SLEEVE 8L0887233 Ł0.98
    2X T45 TORX SCREWS WHT001230 Ł1.34
    Purchased a Torx TX45 3/8" Professional Star Bit Socket from Halfords for Ł4.95
    *NOTE B&Q and Halfords do screwdrivers but only up to T40 - T45 screwdrivers can be purchased online.

Was able to do this without removing seats, just using hands to get the plate in place between the seat and back cushion. Took me 15 minutes. Many thanks for the info in this thread.
    Last edited by dscheoff; 13th December 2010 at 11:59.

2nd Gear

Status
    Very interested in this!

PM pjspeedy for parts.

Cheers guys!

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Must admit I am considering this as I think the mrs wants to get up the duff again so will be needing a second car seat soon and I'd prefer an isofix one.

Thanks for part numbers.

4th Gear

Status
    good guide

thanks

will come in handy

Reverse Gear

Status
    I know this is an old thread but I take it the parts are the same for the B6 and B7 chassis?

This is just what I needed, thanks for this thread!

Status

My Social Networking

Part numbers will be the same yes.

Reverse Gear

Status

Help please

Hello!

I have just been looking through this thread as my husband and I have an 2003 Audi A4 Avant estate and I don't know if it has isofix or not. If it doesn't can we use the fitting guide in this thread to reto-fit the fittings? Or is it not possible as this page says... http://www.usedcarexpert.co.uk/cars/...aby-seats/114/

Many thanks in advance!

Status
    As this thread indicates you can retrofit iSOFIX to the rear seats. All the info is in this thread for your model.

That web link you list is untrue with respect to the B6/B7. Newer Audi's like the A4/B8 would require new seats.

Status

My Social Networking

Never believe what you read on the interweb!

6th Gear

Status
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

Status

My Social Networking

Wow they've gone up a bit! I think I paid just over ÂŁ40 for one side.

Interestingly they're listed as just for a B6 and not a B7, I don't see why that would be.

1st Gear

Status
    Anybody know where these can be had for under ÂŁ40?

Only want one side.

Drivers or passenger not entirely fussy.

Ta!

Status

My Social Networking

Dealer or TPS are probably your best bit, under ÂŁ40 might be optomistic though.

I don't think they're specific to each side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast