No Water

N80KRR

Reaction score
Well, looked this am no water in car. but I only filled it up a week ago. Not done thousands of miles. So whats happening? I've checked the tank and pipes they're all dry so no leaks that I can see. Anyone had same issues?

It's very dirty brown, it was supposed to be replaced when it was serviced back in march. Guess it wasn't. Does that mean I need to change it ASAP?

Last edited:
nope just like dirty oil. So could do with a fresh change really.

Well oil gets dirty looking quick so may be not.

Now your problem, well so far it does not sound like the headgasket so I would refill and run the car looking for leeks checking the header tank for a start.

sorry not very mechanically minded, looked at the water tank and pipes that lead off it to radiator. everything seems to be in order. no leaks that I can see or feel.

Some times the bottle spits on the joint and will only leek when the water gets hot and the pressure builds.

Look for any signs of a sort of reddish dye or rust this may indicate where the water might be coming from.

Same problem on my S4 cab - it was the auxillary rads behind the headlights. THey have a tendancy to leak very badly after a few years. Known issue. Good luck.