a few pics of the new car

rsjohn1

Reaction score
As a few of you will know im new on here and been asking plenty questions on a4's

Well im now the proud owner of a a4 2.5tdi 180 sport

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

Comments please

regards john

Nice and Tidy! Like the colour too.
Any plans? Colour coding etc?

Very nice.... but then I would say that: yours looks just like mine did, when I first got it :) (except those are probably the 17" wheels that were standard on the slightly later Quattro Sports)...

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Last edited:
The plans i have so far are- change the door moulding that run along the bottom to the other type, boot spoiler, need to find out about the front bumper?? want the spoiler type lip along the bottom?? paint all bottom part body colour and a set of 18's or 19's and a remap.

Can you guys help me with the correct part names of what i all need please, do i need the full bumper or is it just the bottom half that i need??
also need a pair of front fogs as one is cracked and the other is not that great

many thanks in advance!!!

regards john

Looks good, is that Atlas Grey? Looks the same as mine..

1-3.jpg

Yeah, colour coding or putting a bodykit on will really change it..

Can you guys help me with the correct part names of what i all need please, do i need the full bumper or is it just the bottom half that i need??
also need a pair of front fogs as one is cracked and the other is not that great

Fogs are about on ebay quite readily. I cleaned mine and fitted some Nightbreaker bulbs and they were much better.

Ref the bumper, I think it is possible to just source the lower skirt, but it is harder to get it flush OEM looking for this way. Although with time and effort it can be done.

What are your wheel ideas?

looks somewhere between Atlas grey and the silver...

John - have a hunt around - lots of advice on S-Line kits, Cupra lip spoilers, etc... various options on the front bumper: supposed to do top and bottom becuase the top is a bit deeper on the S-Line, but the top is an extra £300+painting! I have lots of part numbers and VAG-cat links!

and talk to Fontain... they've probably got a spare front bumper for yours (no headlight washers) that's sat in their workshop, ready sprayed up in Silver! (see my saga with them!)

Last edited:
Very nice.... but then I would say that: yours looks just like mine did, when I first got it :) (except those are probably the 17" wheels that were standard on the slightly later Quattro Sports)...

BEFORE:

AFTER:

tell me that you love the steering wheel.... I'm having the same one fitted on my B6 S4 on Friday....... :icon_thumright:

Looks like a very tidy car mate. What's the spec list?

technics100, you bought the 2.0 FSI then? Looks great.

Looks good, is that Atlas Grey? Looks the same as mine..

1-3.jpg

Yeah, colour coding or putting a bodykit on will really change it..

Thanks lads!! this is how i wold like the car to look, yes its atlas grey.

So when looking or asking for the bits what bumper do i ask for? also what is name of the lower door mouldings?

Wheels? prob 18" rs4 type or 5 spoke rs6 type

regards john

Thanks lads!! this is how i wold like the car to look, yes its atlas grey.

So when looking or asking for the bits what bumper do i ask for? also what is name of the lower door mouldings?

Wheels? prob 18" rs4 type or 5 spoke rs6 type

regards john

Try a search on here to familiarise yourself with the options. Technics car has the S-Line kit fitted, there is also a GMBh kit available which is similar but a bit more extreme!

By lower door moulding, do you mean door blades, as per Technics car?

Try a search on here to familiarise yourself with the options. Technics car has the S-Line kit fitted, there is also a GMBh kit available which is similar but a bit more extreme!

By lower door moulding, do you mean door blades, as per Technics car?
Yes mate, the its that run along the bottom of the door, the type that stick out further than the ones on my car. dont like the gmbh kit tbh

regards john

Yes mate, the its that run along the bottom of the door, the type that stick out further than the ones on my car. dont like the gmbh kit tbh

regards john

Door blades, the S-Line ones are slimmer and go for about £200 ish and the S4 ones approaching £300 I believe. Hence why i haven't got any. Yet.

Part numbers.... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check these on vagcat before you order as there are a lot of small differences!!

Front bumper 8e0807103bagru (€290 / £300!) - pretty sure this was the NON-xenons (i.e. no washers) version!!

Front bumper lower spoiler 8e0807110bgru (£80-£90)

Front bumper lower grille centre 8e0807647d01c (£75)

Front bumper lower grille n/s 8e0807681d01c (£17.50) (for dual intercooler like the 2.5TDI)

Front bumper lower grille o/s 8e0807682d01c (£17.50) (for dual intercooler like the 2.5TDI)

Rear lower bumper spoiler 8e5807521ggru (£130) - pretty sure this it the one withte twin cutouts for the 3.0 or 1.8T Quattro's...

O/s/f lower door molding 8e0853960c7dl (£75) (door blades)

N/s/f lower door molding 8e0853959c7dl (£75) (door blades)

O/s/r lower door molding 8e0853970d7dl (£55) (door blades)

N/s/r lower door molding 8e0853969d7d (£55) (door blades)

S-line badges for side moldingsx2 8n0853601a (£30?!?)

Rear boot spoiler 8e0071640k9ax (£200-ish)

Last edited:
Lostbok - now I want S4 Avus wheels again.. Where did you get yours?

rsjohn1 - You could think about colour coding your original bumpers and sills like this..

3253400353_b189c6dd88.jpg

Aw man, I do like the Avus wheels

The only other thing I had done was the S4 upper grill and S-line badges..

rsjohn1 - You could think about colour coding your original bumpers and sills like this..

3253400353_b189c6dd88.jpg

scoTTy was selling some OEM ones last week, could send him a PM and see if he's still got them mate.

Quattro James

What are the Nightbreaker bulbs like

where c an I get hold of them.

Also where can I get a set of fogs from are they expensive:icon_thumright:

Fogs are about on ebay quite readily. I cleaned mine and fitted some Nightbreaker bulbs and they were much better.

Ref the bumper, I think it is possible to just source the lower skirt, but it is harder to get it flush OEM looking for this way. Although with time and effort it can be done.

What are your wheel ideas?

Off Vetch on this forum (S3 section)
.... he'd bought them for his S3 before he realised that the old A3's didn't have comparable PCD/offset.... let 'em go for £200+£30 shipping, for 5!!

B6, S4 OEM... three were okay and two were shot (one from the shipping), but I could see one the one that got scraped in the shipping that they'd bee refurbished a few times (jsut resprayed) and somebody had actually polished the bottom layer without priming, so figured it wouldn't last long... so I got all five refurb'd before I put tyres on 'em... (£350!! :scared2:) and another £625 for 5 x Toyo Proxes.... >£1200 all-in!!!

Last edited:
Quattro James

What are the Nightbreaker bulbs like

where c an I get hold of them.

Also where can I get a set of fogs from are they expensive:icon_thumright:

I bought my Nightbreakers from POWERBULBS cost about £21 IIRC - £24.59 now :faint: dunno how that compares to Lostbok's link above?

I have seen pairs of new fogs on ebay from China way, oem ones for about £15-20, although they sting you a bit on postage, probably about £40 ish delivered.

EDIT: they dont burn anywhere near as white as my HID's but they are far less yellow than my old bulbs, and HID colour would be too white in fog anyway. Recommended upgrade :thumbsup: