spacers?

sonnyjim

Reaction score
Would fitting wheel spacers put more strain on wheel bearings? If so is it a concerning amount?

Cheers

Sonnyjim.

Often discussed.
Audi (over) engineering will have a degree of safety built in with them, and I've never heard of any faults as a result of the spacers being used.
Possibly if the bearings were already on their way out... Maybe...

If you use hub-centric spacers then it wont be a problem as both the wheel and the spacer will locate to the hub assembly, but if you use universal flat spacers you could get some movement which could result in problems.

I've got 15mm hub-centric spacers on my one and its perfect.

I had 15mm hubcentrics on my old Mk3 Golf... they were fine.... I tihnk you'll only be strainign things if you start screwing massively with the geometry: 30mm+ probably best avoided.... but you'll be able to see if you're pushign the bounds of what is "right".... also depends on what you're doing with the car!

Im pretty sure that you can use normal spacers upto 10mm and you need hubcentric if you go any bigger then 10mm

Personally i would go any more than 5mm without hubcentrics
i used 10mm H+Rs with hubcentrics absolutely spot on
dont forget the longer studs :)

and don't go too long on the studs!!!!! (ABS sensors, hundreds of pounds, etc, etc!!!)

and don't go too long on the studs!!!!! (ABS sensors, hundreds of pounds, etc, etc!!!)
Sorry should have said that you should only lengthen them the width of the spacer ,
then again you should only do this with any car even if theres no abs stuff you will still put the threads the otherside of the hubs internally and if they get rust or contamination on them you are pulling it back through the threads in the hubs when removing the studs which can be fatal for the threads in some cases .

Anyone have any hubcentrics for sale, PM me.
I'm after a pair of 15mm ideally, but will also take 10mm's...

Ta.

not many 10mm hubcentrics... 15mm most likely... 12mm are out there... I got the 15mm H&R Trak+'s for my Golf.... expensive but fantastically engineered and very, very light... all four weighed nearly the same as ONE of the 8mm ones I was given for free!

I had a set of 10mm H+R hubcentrics on my S4 but i think there the only company do them in hubcentric
nice quality as well .