Cabby ally windscreen trim removal?

markyzs180

Reaction score
As in title gents.....my drivers side windscreen trim is damaged and I've just picked up a complete set so before I attack the car with a crowbar thought I'd ask for any tips/pointers on where to start lol

thanks in advance
mark

Hi
i changed one about 3 months ago its not too bad once you get started i was also fitting new and there are some bits on the side parts that are riveted so you will need some bits
if your not looking todo it in one hit you can get the bits you need from the stealers mid job otherwise you will have to get a fax off them with the exploded view to work out the accesories needed
you have to take the visors etc off to remove the plastic panel above the windscreen as theres a fixing nut under it , also door rubbers where rivets are / pillar trims etc
its all quite easy once you get stuck in there was nothing to difficult the worst thing i remeber was putting the door rubber back in the groove at the pillar
sorry i couldnt be more help i just got stuck into it
Paul

Last edited:
Good luck Mark ! I'll sort out the drawings for you tomorrow :icon_thumright:

Hi
i changed one about 3 months ago its not too bad once you get started i was also fitting new and there are some bits on the side parts that are riveted so you will need some bits
if your not looking todo it in one hit you can get the bits you need from the stealers mid job otherwise you will have to get a fax off them with the exploded view to work out the accesories needed
you have to take the visors etc off to remove the plastic panel above the windscreen as theres a fixing nut under it , also door rubbers where rivets are / pillar trims etc
its all quite easy once you get stuck in there was nothing to difficult the worst thing i remeber was putting the door rubber back in the groove at the pillar
sorry i couldnt be more help i just got stuck into it
Paul

Cheers Paul, doesn't sound too bad then :crying: The ones I'll be fitting are 2nd hand, are you saying that I'll have to drill out and re-rivet them back on or will it be easier with 2nd hand parts taken straight from a car? Don't want to get involved with my local dealers, they couldn't even supply me with ONE doorcard clip recently LOL

Thanks for replying mate :icon_thumright:

when you drill the rivets you can put rivets in from anywhere as long as you dont break the plastic pieces which is highly unlikely ,
i wouldnt say you will have to much trouble it is pretty self explanatory once you get going
it was the first one i had done and i would do another no problem .
:beerchug: