My New A4

technics100

Reaction score
Well here it is, the S6 replacement.

It's been replaced with a Late 2003 (end of Oct) A4 saloon 2.0 sport (petrol) its in Atlas grey with s-line body kit, 17's etc. 2 Owners from new and has 46k on the clock. It is mint and will do the job rightly. It is slightly down on power from the S6 (210bhp less) but it is a nice car to drive and very smooth. Also a lot handier to fuel too. I will get a set of 18's at some point, but have already ordered s-line badges, car kit and caliper decals for the brakes.

Some photos. Excuse the grain on them as I had the camera on ISO 1600 and didn't realise.

AudiA41.jpg

AudiA42.jpg

AudiA43.jpg

AudiA44.jpg

This is my 5th Audi, see my previous motors from 1st to last

1996 A4 2.6 V6

frontsmall.jpg

2001 A4 1.9 TDi

IMGP3165.jpg

2001 A4 Avant 1.9 TDi Sport

3253400353_b189c6dd88.jpg

2000 S6 4.2 V8

3260336719_c047870192.jpg

2003 A4 2.0 Sport

AudiA41.jpg

Looks very tidy :hi:

How does it go in relation to your 1.9's? I don't know what bhp the 2.0 is personally .....

Any other plans? Twin exhausts for example ..... :eyebrows:

Looks very tidy :hi:

How does it go in relation to your 1.9's? I don't know what bhp the 2.0 is personally .....

Any other plans? Twin exhausts for example ..... :eyebrows:

Its the same 0-60 time etc in the book at the 130bhp TDi's it has 130bhp too. Goes alright, just not much torque although its a 20V so does rev a bit. No exhausts for the meantime. Just - Badges, car-kit, painted brakes then 18's at some point.

Very nice looks like the fronts had a repaint and I'm some what surprised you did not go the 1.8T route based on your last car.

Very nice looks like the fronts had a repaint and I'm some what surprised you did not go the 1.8T route based on your last car.

Why do you think its been painted? I must have a closer look. I'm from Northern Ireland so getting a 1.8T over here is really hard. For all the driving I do the 2.slow will do me fine. My brother has a 1.8T Toledo on LPG running 225bhp, so I can always steal that for a good stage or his 1972 midget with a Toyota 1.6 20v putting out 140bhp at the back wheels..

Why do you think its been painted? I must have a closer look. I'm from Northern Ireland so getting a 1.8T over here is really hard. For all the driving I do the 2.slow will do me fine. My brother has a 1.8T Toledo on LPG running 225bhp, so I can always steal that for a good stage or his 1972 midget with a Toyota 1.6 20v putting out 140bhp at the back wheels..

When you look at the buper it looks a different shade but that might be the angle or the kit was fitted later and painted.

You didn't have your S6 for long.....why did you get rid of it ?

You didn't have your S6 for long.....why did you get rid of it ?

Just too dear to run and upkeep. I spent £2k on the gearbox, then the oil cooler went £400, Maf et etc. and it still had a fault with 3rd gear. It would seriously put me off an auto ever again, not unless it had a warranty. So couldn't be bothered with it.. Just want to drive something and wash it at the weekend.. thats it.. So sold it for just under 5k and bought something else for the same money..

Looks deadly Adam

That red one looks very similar to mine........;)

RE the colours: on the silver ones, the painted plastics pretty much always look slightly different to the painted metal, especially from certain angles: I walked around countless car lots and Audi dealerships looking at them and it's usually pretty noticable on the silver cars, even the newer ones, you can see it a bit ont eh silvery-blue ones, but not so much on most of the others... promised myself I wouldn't get a silver one... and then mine came along... DOH! It was a seductive combo of the factory leather, Xenons and BOSE that told me I could live with it :)

Last edited:
DOH! It was a seductive combo of the factory leather, Xenons and BOSE that told me I could live with it :)

Yeah I remember having all that stuff in the S6, will have to make do with sport seats, normal lights and standard speakers!!! now. The S6 set the bar very high as it was fully loaded. Yeah I think your right about the paint, Silver colour coded lower bumpers always look a different colour..

my front bumper is better now since the S-Line one has gone on, but the worst has always been the top half of back bumper: but it was lined up next to four other B6 A4's in the car-park when I first viewed it and all were identical... looks worse in the rain too...