Eibach Prokit & Koni FSD's to be fitted

QuottroA4

Reaction score
Well guys, after alot of indecisiveness and much faffing about I finally ordered which in my humble opinion is the next best thing to coilovers, Eibachs and FSD's

Now, I have had 'issue' with my suspension and steering since I got the car. Over bumps and potholes it feels like the suspension is 'lose' and gives a horrible gliding effect (if that makes sense??) over the road surface. The wheels have a nasty habit of tracking or running off in one direction too. I had a 4 wheel alignment done a few months ago which helped a bit but not a great deal..

I was after some advice and would be interested in hearing from anyone who has experienced the same problems with their suspension. As my thoughts are that while the springs and shocks are being fitted it might be a good idea to replace any worn parts from the front suspension assembly whilst it is in bits. The car has done 116k and from what I can see on the service log, the suspension hasn't even been touched!

Maybe is this is the problem a kit like this one maybe a good buy? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A4-A6-VW-...3A1%7C294%3A50

Any advice will be gladly received!!

Cheers

Rich

Last edited:
Definitely do your top mounts/grounding stoppers when upgrading the suspension, thats a must on a higher mileage car.

I fitted eibach pro 30mm & FSD's to my A3 & it was a great move, less bouncy, not harsh, one of best decisions tbh & I'm not a suspension guy with low rider, so was pleasantly surprised with the ride height & now general feel on road, much better.

Tracking wise, well they follow the book mate & if something is out of whack just get them to make adjustments to compensate as mine has been done, front of mine should be think minus 2 or 2, cant remember but its now zero/xero which gives me straight driving, just one of those things mate, get them to do alignment to book spec then drive then go back & say pulling to left etc, tell them to adjust it slightly so it doesnt pull, then drive again & just keep adjusting until its correct on road & wheel is straight, also make a note of there settings for future alignments & some might be anal saying but that means it wont be as per book spec, say dont worry just get the driving straight as such minimal effect on tyres tbh.

Gliding effect could be tyres, what brand are they, old/new, tread left etc etc, all relevant & as for the new arms, well depends if the existing bushes are screwed mate, your choice but if they're cheap enough then replace them yourself before alignment done as cheaper cause 100k+ miles would have some wear, all comes down to economics for you mate.

hi all i changed all four bottom suspension arms and fitted eibach pro kit springs last week to my 2.8 quattro avant what a difference it drives like a new car all four arms was kaput but it was not the bushes at fault but the ball joints they were so sloppy when you shook the arms the ball joints just wobbled. i bought my arms from gsf £165.00 all in for all four the eibach springs was off ebay brand new in the box delivered for £80.00 not bad hey

Very tempted to fit new suspension arms, as it is pointless having new springs and shocks if the rest is shot..

Does anybody have any part numbers for the suspension arms for my QS? Or are they generic?

New some top mounts and bump stops too :)

hi all i changed all four bottom suspension arms and fitted eibach pro kit springs last week to my 2.8 quattro avant what a difference it drives like a new car all four arms was kaput but it was not the bushes at fault but the ball joints they were so sloppy when you shook the arms the ball joints just wobbled. i bought my arms from gsf £165.00 all in for all four the eibach springs was off ebay brand new in the box delivered for £80.00 not bad hey

As I understand the original springs should be replaced. Which spring model of Eibach do you exactly recommend, can you write the full description? Thanks.

Ive changed all my front wishbones (4 on each side) and track rod end using the Meyle HD and probably the best thing Ive done for my car.
Got it tracked after I did my track rod end.

Trust me the drive is very rigid now just the way I want.