A4 2.0 Buying Advice

technics100

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm just after selling the S6 and am now after a new car. I'm going to look at a 2.0 Sport tonight (130bhp) Is there anything to look at in particular with this model? I have had a couple of A4's in the past so know my way about them. Its Late 03 with 46k on the clock.

PS. I know it will be slightly slower than the S6... Its only down 210bhp after all. But I do about 6k a year and spend about 40 mins in the car a day, so really don't use the potential of anything quicker..

Cheers

Any reason why you're picking up a 2.0 instad of a 1.8T? A friend had a 2.0 a couple of years ago and it was mediocre at best, heavy, slow and thirsty. Might be a good motorway cruiser though.

Was just about to ask the same question, or any of the TDI's? I know you've had a 1.9TDI before, but I think you'll be really disappointed with the 2.0 or even 3.0 for that matter.

The 1.8T would make a LOT more sense.... given you're not too bothered about MPG, then maybe even the 1.8TQS? (quattro = slightly more thristy, but more rewarding if you're going to remap/tweak it)....

Yeah, I have been looking however it is really hard to find an 1.8T in Northern Ireland. The 2.0 is 2 years newer and has 60-70k less miles than any TDi's for the same money. I really am only using the car to drive 20 miles a day and then maybe one trip at the weekend with the wee man in the car so no raking. I'm driving my brothers 1.8T Toledo at the minute which puts out 225bhp, so know how well an 1.8T goes. I will go and have a look at the car tonight and see what happens.

Cheers for the comments.