New grill and dechromed

paul20v

Audi fanatic
Reaction score
Hi
little project what does everyone think ?

i like the way it sits flush as i was never happy with the way the oem grill makes the Audi circles stick out too far from side on .

modifiedplateandresized.jpg
Photo0292.jpg

Yeah it looks good :thumbsup:

You know what I'm going to say though ......

nice work... if you're gonan do some, then you really need to honeycomb the rest of the grills (similar to filthy's)... try to get the same size honeycomb as the top half though!

nice work... if you're gonan do some, then you really need to honeycomb the rest of the grills (similar to filthy's)... try to get the same size honeycomb as the top half though!
I was thinking Votex front spoiler will be in keeping with the grill then ,
but it will have to wait for some spare funds :(

I thought of this grille for mine, but couldn't decide.
Is that the ones from Stafford Audi on Ebay?

Doddle to fit ,
i reinforced the badge mounts with some polyurethane adhesive
but apart from that no issue at all fits really well .
Nice car by the way love the headlights are they better on dip than the stock ones ?

headlights are a pain but look brill.connected up to the battery as h.i.d are day running lights and switch on on turning of ignition.took 2 hours adjusting height of the beam this morning as iv just raised it.had to get the guys at the local garage to fiddle about with it...on a positive note lights are a real headturner.ive never had the stock lights so am afraid i cant answer you on that mate.

Nice motor looks mean and clean:rock:

headlights are a pain but look brill.connected up to the battery as h.i.d are day running lights and switch on on turning of ignition.took 2 hours adjusting height of the beam this morning as iv just raised it.had to get the guys at the local garage to fiddle about with it...on a positive note lights are a real headturner.ive never had the stock lights so am afraid i cant answer you on that mate.

nice one mate thanks yes i think i will order that grill get it fitted and post up some pics soon.

Yeah that grill will suit it loads better. How you finding the Ride with the 20's??

Thought i may as well update ,
fitted cupra lip till i can afford a votex or s/line front
it looks ok for now and a pretty good fit (cheap too :) )
Photo0301.jpg

Photo02991.jpg

Yeah that grill will suit it loads better. How you finding the Ride with the 20's??
its suprisingly alright.as long as the ride height is not too low its fine.and unless you kno the right people tyres can be expensive...

BIG ISSUE with 20's is that that u have to turn the esp off otherwise it jus kick in during driving and the breaks lock up.apparenly its because the car thinks the car is overloaded or something like that, please correct me if am wrong its just what the guys at the garage were saying.maybe i should make a thread about it get some feedback.also recommend bigger breaks with the bigger wheels.:blahblah1:

That Cupra lip looks good Paul, will be doing the same soon myself I think :thumbsup:

its suprisingly alright.as long as the ride height is not too low its fine.and unless you kno the right people tyres can be expensive...

BIG ISSUE with 20's is that that u have to turn the esp off otherwise it jus kick in during driving and the breaks lock up.apparenly its because the car thinks the car is overloaded or something like that, please correct me if am wrong its just what the guys at the garage were saying.maybe i should make a thread about it get some feedback.also recommend bigger breaks with the bigger wheels.:blahblah1:

Id say its more likely to do with the rolling radius of the wheel in combination with rpm and road speed, the sensors might not be able to cope with the extra radius as the car will be geared slightly differently ??

Or something like that :think: blah blah .....

Ryan

235/30ZR20 should be pretty close to being on-spec in terms of rolling radius (it's within about 0.5% of 225/55ZR16 tyres!)... but not much else with a 20" rim is....

Might also be the intertia of the wheel?

someone also said the abs sensors may be faulty?i dont know if its worth purchasing and fitting and then it not working? also about the rpm and speed as soon as i put ma foot down the esp kicks in and the brakes lock up.