Rs4 reps 18' what tyre pressure

Wilo

Reaction score
Just picked up a a4 avant with 18' rs4 reps, what tyre pressure should I be running them on?
Cheers

You can find a tyre pressure label inside door pillar

You can find a tyre pressure label inside door pillar
Sorry I have seen that but I thought that would only apply if I was running standard wheels, is that not the case?

My Cab was fitted with the optional 18" BBS alloys with 235 tyres and the handbook/sticker both advise 42psi front and rear, I (and others) found this pressure a bit harsh so have gone for 38psi front and rear.

HTH
mark

My Cab was fitted with the optional 18" BBS alloys with 235 tyres and the handbook/sticker both advise 42psi front and rear, I (and others) found this pressure a bit harsh so have gone for 38psi front and rear.

HTH
mark
Cheers mark I will try 38 psi

I dont matter wether they are reps or not, as long as the tyre size is the same follow what is on the pollar.
Remember, the cab will be heavier than the standard car.... I think:think:

Standard pressures for 235/40R18 tyres on my 1.8TQ are 36psi :thumbsup:

Cheers Bub, I think that is the first time I have ever seen a definitive answer to that question :thumbsup:

I recently replaced a couple of my 235/40/18s with Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas, their website has a pressure calculator which recommended a whopping 3.5 bar front and back, (equivalent to 50 psi!):

http://www.keepthepressureup.com/tirepressure.asp?TaalID=3

I tried this for a couple of days but it was pretty harsh so I then reverted to my previous 38 psi front / 36 psi back. At these pressures the turn in is not particularly sharp but then tbh the A4 steering is hardly razor like anyway and I'd rather keep my fillings a bit longer.

I run my 18" RS6 replicas with 235 40 ZR 18 tyres at 41 PSI front & back...

......if you run them too low the fronts outer edges wear out to quick......hmmm, or that may be down to my enthusiastic driving style...:think:

JC - are those 8J wide?

thanks Bub - where did you get that from... tyre pressures are car and wheel / tyre spec specific, not by tyre manufacturer, aren't they??

I've heard 40-42psi for mine.... but then the 2.5 V6 TDI (Quattro) is gonna be a lot heavier than a 1.8TQS, so that would make sense!

Wilo never said which car, wheel width or tyre specs, so it's all goign to be very approximate advice until then...

I also assume there's an element of different pressures for different tyre widths? So a the 235/40/18 S4 tyres are going to be different from the 225/40/18 (and 215/40/18) that are A4 spec.... or the 205 width that a lot of people fit for cost reasons, even though they screw with the final drive ratios due to the reduced circumference.